Some of my favorite trains are these old rusty ones that are just waiting to be used for scrap and parts. The decay reminds me of my pal JM's series @ Lisbon Daily Photo.
Now some randoms:
1) Remember last week when I told you I was stressed? Well it was because I had a couple of skin conditions that were really scaring me. I had a sore on the side of my nose that just wouldn't heal. I had had it for a year and was by now too terrified to go see a dr. (I know, not good, go to the dr.) Then I had these pinkish things coming up on the backs of my hands and then a bump formed on the top of my head. I am fair skinned and spent too much of my youth laying out in the sun in Southern California. Then as I got older, tanning beds. I've gotten better at applying sunscreen by now but alot of damage has already been done. Anyways this has been consuming me, fearing the worst, for a year now. I finally told my husband last Sunday how freaked out I was getting. Monday he made me an appointment with a dermatologist for last Friday. I was scared to go. He went with me. As soon as my dr walked in, Dr. Jason, he asked me what was bothering me and I broke down and cried and pointed to all the things that were scaring me. He just calmly told me that it was ok, none of them are serious and I would be just fine. I had 2 very common forms of skin cancer that he was able to just freeze right off, right then and there. What a RELIEF. I can't tell you what a weight that was taken off my shoulders and like I have a new lease on life. He was the NICEST dr I've ever been to and if you are in the Roanoke area, need a dermatologist, I highly recommend Dr. Jason @ Virginia Skin & Vein.
2) I've been listening to Johnny Cash Radio in the mornings after everyone clears out of the house. I love that music! When I was a kid my mom always called him my boyfriend. I went to a JC concert with her and my grandma and I got to go up on stage and get a kiss from JC. I don't remember this so I must have been super young, I only remember through the story my mom always told ;)
3) I'm ready for spring. Spring is my favorite season.
4) And the thought of spring just NOW reminded me that I need to sign the boys up for baseball. Today is the LAST day. Completely slipped my mind. Writing myself a note right now to attach to the computer!
5) Basketball season ended on Monday but tomorrow we start the tournament. Double elimination. Our first game is a team that's pretty tough. We lost once to them by 1 point in overtime and then won our last game with them. But it's hard. This team plays dirty. So good luck to our Greenfield Thunder!
Have a great weekend :)
Linking to Nancy's Random 5 Friday