Followers

Friday, February 17, 2017

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 119

click on photos to enlarge
Mt. Zion Baptist Church . 460 . Montvale

1) My nephew JD passed away on Wednesday evening. He was diagnosed with Lymphoma back in September. His chances looked good. Then in December he became pretty ill and was hospitalized but then he made a turn for the better and was released. We were all excited again about his chances. I even posted a Thankful Thursday post about it. Well that was not meant to be...just last week he started to have terrible headaches and his body and mind started to go downhill. My other nephew (Jake) took him to the hospital over the weekend. While things looked bleak the dr. and my nephew Jake decided to go ahead and start back on his cancer treatment on Wednesday. During his treatment he got sick and things got even worse. Later that evening he passed away with my nephew Jake and some close friends by his side. This has been so sudden and such a shock.

2) My brother and mom had moved out here to Virginia in 2008. My brother Jerry (the one who moved out here) was JD's dad. We had been trying to get JD to move out here to Virginia but he was in an apprenticeship so we always thought "maybe later"...well some of you might remember my mom and brother both passed away in 2012...my mom was kind of expected but my brother was pretty sudden and out of the blue. We had my brother cremated and his ashes sent to JD. JD took them and spread them at Lake Cuyamaca (San Diego) where the 2 of them used to fish.

3) JD is going to be cremated and my nephew Jake will take him to Lake Cuyamaca and spread his ashes where his dad's are.

4) I am grateful that my brother went as early as he did so he doesn't have to live with this. I am happy that they are together although I still feel sad that both their lives were cut short.

5)
Now for a little less heavy...The day I drove up to this church that sits on a hill, I was alone. Nobody at the church either. I drove around to the back and noticed these headstones so I rolled my window down to take a picture when all of a sudden I hear a man's voice say "good morning"! I have to admit it made me jump, sitting there all alone next to these graves! I laughed a bit at myself for being so jumpy and snapped this picture and drove away thinking it must have been a recording that goes off with a sensor when you drive up...right?! :)

If you would like to see the Facebook post I copied from my nephew JD click here ....for some reason seeing it written out and the pictures posted made it real to me. JD was a good kid...he got that from my brother...

Well that's my 5 this week...not a happy week but it's real life. I hope you will play along too and I hope the week has been better for you! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others...thanks for visiting...



14 comments:

  1. Oohh, so sad to read this -
    My compassion for you and the family

    I will playing with next week again, had yesterday to much to do and today must cut the hedge and make a big lunch for visitor... not time for web presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. That's such a tragedy, especially when it's a young life. Stay strong.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya
    I am so sorry that your life has been filled with so much loss. You seem like such a positive person. I hope that you continue to find joy through your family and friends and that, in its small way, photography brings some joy. I sure enjoy seeing scenes around Roanoke when stopping by your blog.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my sympathy for your loss. It is hard to lose a friend or close relative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so sorry for your loss, Tanya. There are never really any words that do in this kind of loss. Prayers for your comfort. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. sigh . . . thank you for sharing with us, I'm sorry for the hurt.

    A recorded voice? ooooooh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss. They seem to come in waves, don't they? Wishing you and your family well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, I'm sorry to hear of your losses. Life can be fragile, hold on to those you love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Tanya, this is such a shock and I truly sympathise with you in this hard place having lost another loved one so young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss. It is sad when a life that is just beginning ends so suddenly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how shocking for your family... loss is so total at first. I wonder if you'll hear from JD now, as spirit continues and does contact loved ones if they are aware. Love to your family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who would place a recording next to graves? Not a church person, surely!

    Well, you have had much sadness. Best wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I feel sorry for you and the losses you have had.
    I hope you have many good memories.
    Great light and colours in the photo of the church..... scary to read about the "good morning" on the other side. I nearly lost my coffee cup :-) !!! just by reading about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)