On Saturday afternoon the boys wanted me to drop them off at the park so they could play basketball and I wanted to go take some pictures so I jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway and thought I'd snap some pics of the views from the overlooks...I decided to head north on the parkway and this was my first stop...a little fog...not too bad...so I pulled out and climbed up the mountain a little more for the next overlook...
I got a little nervous driving to this overlook as I drove right into some thick fog and could barely see but then it became clear...so I thought it would be ok to head up a little further to the next overlook...
It was super, SUPER foggy on this stretch so I decided not to chance going any further and headed back down the mountain...
Closer to home now...one of the pretty bridges that are all along the parkway...Linking with Mersad's Through My Lens
1) Just finished watching The Magnificent Seven with Nick and the boys...we all really liked it...the main characters were all so likeable in their own ways...and of course who doesn't like Denzel Washington?
This was last January 24th...this year the 24th is supposed to be sunny and in the 50's...will we get more snow this winter?!
Linking with Good Fences for the first time since Tex stopped blogging...I hope she is doing well, I miss her!
3) On Tuesday night I went with Ashlyn to a women's politics meeting at Olive Garden...remember she majored in political science...anyway, she saw this group on Facebook and wanted to attend the meeting and asked me to go along with her. We both enjoyed it and the ladies were all very friendly. She made a few contacts as well!
Great plan :)
5) I've been reading more and enjoying it...I slacked off halfway through the year and decided I need to just pick up a book and read a chapter before bed and usually it turns out to be more...I am in book 4 of a series, The Tradd Street Series by Karen White...I was halfway through with this when I just stopped reading last year...not that the book was boring, spent time doing other stuff like play dumb games on my phone haha...anyways, I'm almost done and forgot how much I love to read and I really love Karen White's books and I just recently found out there's a 5th now in the series! Yippee!
Well that's my 5 this week and I hope you will play along too! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others! Have a great weekend!
That's the Historic City Market to the right...not a lot going on at the moment...a lot of vendors were already closing down for the day. This is the oldest market of its kind in Virginia, running continuously since 1882! Spring and summer are my favorite times of the year for the market. And speaking of spring...
Today I am thankful for spring like temperatures! This has really been a mild winter so far with only that one real snow we got a couple of weeks ago...our temps have been in the upper 50's and 60's and I am enjoying it! Saturday is supposed to be another nice day and since the boys don't have a track meet this week I suggested to Nick that we take a little road trip!
Tree of Life Ministries . 2812 Greenview Dr . Lynchburg
On Saturday the boys had a track meet in Lynchburg. Along the way I spotted this tree on the hill and just really liked it. We were a little early so I drove over to Biscuitville and bought them each a chicken biscuit and a sweet tea for breakfast and then I said, "lets go on a photo shoot and kill time" haha...they didn't mind since they were eating and I wanted to go back and get a picture of this tree :)
And yes, it was also as cold as it looks...freezing rain and just yucky!
You can see the train was passing through when I snapped the picture...for more on the history of Norfolk and Western Click Here
I liked the little shadow of the tree on the white building :)
Now for Willy Nilly!
1) Ashlyn's team won! JMU won the FCS National Championship game! It was a pretty exciting game, we watched on TV...it was even more exciting for her to see it in person! Here's an article about it in the school newspaper which is called The Breeze...I always thought it was funny that it was called that since that is our last name! We pronounce it that way but it is spelled Breese...anyway...JMU played the Youngstown Ohio Penguins...if you were wondering what the sign meant!
Here's a picture of Ashlyn getting ready to go into the game...she said it was so cold! Like 10 degrees! In Texas! Crazy....I stole this picture off her Facebook since I wasn't there to take one myself...I don't think she'll mind...I don't think she'll sue me ;)
Ash and her friend spent Thursday through Monday in Dallas so they did a lot of sightseeing! This was the view of downtown Dallas from the Reunion Tower
Another view from the evening...what a beautiful city! Thanks for the pictures Ashlyn ;)
5) Ok, leaving Texas now...closer to home...this was taken last January...(hitting the archives, need a roadtrip!)