This was back in September, Labor Day weekend, what we Americans call the last weekend of summer. We had been to the creek so Ozzy could swim. Came home and had a crab boil. We do that every Labor Day weekend it seems! I guess it's become tradition. No, I didn't remember all that from this photo, but from the ones before it and after in my archives!
1) Yesterday morning, while letting my car warm up, I ran out of gas in my drive-way...
2) My car has been making a strange noise for a few days, so I thought that was the reason my car stalled. I called Nick and told him the car broke down in the drive-way. He left work to come help me out. Wanted to see if the car would start, it wouldn't and my gas light was on. He says "Tanya, could you be out of gas?" Me "Mmmmm, maybe?" In my defense, my gas light never came on the last time I drove it and my drive-way slopes down. So anytime I have a quarter tank, it shows empty. I guess it ran out while warming up...ruh-roh...
3) So, Nick took me to the gas station around the corner so we could fill the gas can up. While there, 4 or 5 police cars came speeding in with their lights on, parking their cars to block the entrances and exits and pulled out their guns....turns out Mama D accidentally tripped the alarm that signals she's being robbed. Talk about exciting!
4) So, the noise my car was making is a bad belt. I have to get that fixed today...at least it wasn't anything major, a tank of gas and a belt.
5) Someone turned the heat off last night..when I crawled out of my warm bed I began to freeze...hurried down the hall to check the thermostat and it was only 56 in here. Brrrrr!
Have a great weekend!
Join in, it's fun! Random 5 Friday