Followers

Monday, May 22, 2023

Salem Museum - Lakeside Park

 

Lakeside park opened in 1920 and closed in 1986…


Since living here I’ve heard so many people tell me about Lakeside…I wish it was still here!



I would have rode the roller coaster for sure.


I also would have ridden the carousel!


Swimming half naked on Sundays!


A sad reminder of history….



Did you grow up with a park like Lakeside? Growing up in San Diego we had 2 parks that I loved as a kid…Marshall Scotty’s and Belmont Park. At Marshall Scotty’s my favorite was the pony rides and Belmont Park was known for the roller coaster, The Giant Dipper. In the 80’a they restored the old roller coaster…I’ve ridden it before and after!

I found this video clip of Lakeside you can watch HERE



4 comments:

  1. We did not have access to parks like that when I was growing up. There was Riverview Park in Chicago, but I only got to go there in my 20s. Now all that is gone. All that is left are pictures in a museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a park developed an hour's drive from where I grew up that is still there today.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)