Followers

Friday, January 20, 2017

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 115

click on photos to enlarge
Downtown Roanoke

Randoms:

1) Just finished watching The Magnificent Seven with Nick and the boys...we all really liked it...the main characters were all so likeable in their own ways...and of course who doesn't like Denzel Washington?

2)
This was last January 24th...this year the 24th is supposed to be sunny and in the 50's...will we get more snow this winter?!
Linking with Good Fences for the first time since Tex stopped blogging...I hope she is doing well, I miss her!

3) On Tuesday night I went with Ashlyn to a women's politics meeting at Olive Garden...remember she majored in political science...anyway, she saw this group on Facebook and wanted to attend the meeting and asked me to go along with her. We both enjoyed it and the ladies were all very friendly. She made a few contacts as well!

4)
Great plan :)

5) I've been reading more and enjoying it...I slacked off halfway through the year and decided I need to just pick up a book and read a chapter before bed and usually it turns out to be more...I am in book 4 of a series, The Tradd Street Series by Karen White...I was halfway through with this when I just stopped reading last year...not that the book was boring, spent time doing other stuff like play dumb games on my phone haha...anyways, I'm almost done and forgot how much I love to read and I really love Karen White's books and I just recently found out there's a 5th now in the series! Yippee!

Well that's my 5 this week and I hope you will play along too! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others! Have a great weekend!


I'm also linking with Photo Friday








14 comments:

  1. When I was a young mom, I used to read a book a day. But I got like you did: computer, phone, and so many other things to do now. Are you old enough to remember the book clubs by mail? I belonged to four of them! I love the tall building with the sun shining on it. It has been so unseasonably warm, that I fear a huge snow storm in Feb. or March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful picturesque downtown and a handsome guy in the snow - I think, the winter ist still not over...
    Enjoy your weekend with books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya, great photos and Friday Five. Hope to join in soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy finding interesting license plates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't it amazing how we are rediscovering the joy of reading?

    Coffee??? Did that Jeep mention Coffee??? - oooh, on my way . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss TexWis too!! I've been trying to read more as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the updated Magnificent Seven. Terrific cast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice fence. Welcome in my European blog. Thanks for joining to my Fences

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting series of photos! I didn't realize you live in a hilly area. That license plate would fit nicely on my car 'cuz I'm usually on a coffee break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Five, Tanya...I love to read before I go to sleep. It helps my eyes get tired but it also is an enjoyable way to end the day. Hope all is going well with you. Couldn't access the Linky this morning....will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was skeptical about the movie The Magnificent Seven, but to my surprise I liked it. We have only had one little snow so far. I'm hoping for a really deep one soon. This is the first year I've been retired and won't have to get out in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like the snow you had last year decided to visit us this year (I'll send it back for next winter) - I've only seen the Original M7, Hubby might like this movie though. - Yes reading is enjoyable. I'll have to look up the books you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Personal license plates are fun to spot. We could use a real snow... not too much, but more than the two inches we got.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)