Followers

Friday, April 7, 2017

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 125

click on photo to enlarge

Murray's Mill . Hickory . NC

1) First of all I want to apologize for being such a terrible blog friend lately...I mean to visit all of you, I really do...time is just getting away from me...on the bright side, today is our last day of school and we have a week plus 1 day off for spring break...yippeee...hallelujah!

2) While Nick was away last weekend, Braden and I (Dalton was at his girlfriend's house) watched Patriot's Day about the Boston Marathon bombing...how do you say that it was a great movie without sounding heartless about the reason the movie exists? It was well done, so sad...

3) On Monday I went to a funeral with Ashlyn. One of her friends died in a motorcycle accident last week. He was only 25...

4) Ashlyn left for Virginia Beach on Wednesday and will be back on Sunday. It's her annual trip for the FCCLA conference...unfamiliar with what FCCLA is? Well I've blogged about it quite a few times HERE haha...
and Christian left this morning for NYC with his girlfriend and her family. We haven't been there yet so he's pretty excited and I am too, for him!

5) As I get this post ready on Thursday night (to schedule for midnight Friday) Nick just came in and told me we attacked Syria...not sure what else to say here...

Ending on a somber note, that's my 5 this week and I sure hope you will join in! Post 5 randoms, anything you want, pictures, updates, recipes, news...link back, visit others when time allows! Thank you so much for your visit and have a wonderful weekend :)


14 comments:

  1. If it is any consolation, I have been having trouble finding time to blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about the Syria bombing. A sad day. You have been so busy for sure! Your picture so wonderful!! A sweet little romantic cabin by the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you hosting; it sounds like you are very busy currently. That is a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poignant, reflective, sad. I am so sorry about Ashlyn's friend. So young! That's always especially hard. I need to see Patriot's Day. Lovely photo. I still can't link in, or see the other links, but I always put a link to your meme post on my blog. Take care of yourself. Life gets so overwhelming sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A funeral for a young person seems to hurt more than for someone who's lived a long life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am way behind in blogging!!! Don't feel bad! I am trying to catch up......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad to hear about Ashlyn's friend. Prayers for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So hard to lose someone... but, especially when they are so young. Prayers for comfort and peace for Ashlyn and her friend's family. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. i came from tanna's blog.....and love the idea of 'willy nilly' posts....so sorry that this willy nilly week has had some real tragedies in it for you; the circle of life is daunting, especially when it closes on one so young. prayers and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad to hear about the death of one so young and I know it's hard for your daughter. Terrible loss for the family. My daughter had a good friend in Tuckahoe middle school years ago she used to be good friends with who was hit on his bike and killed. Awful.
    You are very busy with children, especially nearing the end of a school year. I don't see how you have anytime or energy at the end of the day. Look forward to more posts soon.
    Blessings to all
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came from Ida's blog....so happy to have found you.
    So sorry about the loss of your daughter's friend....too young. Life is so short.
    I am going to have to set a reminder for next Friday so that I can join in on Willy Nilly Friday!
    diane @ thoughts&shots

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a special mix of pluses and minuses. I hate reading about young people dying, even those I don't know personally.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)