Followers

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Big Lick General Store


829 Tazewell Ave SE . Roanoke

Did you know that before Roanoke became Roanoke it was called Big Lick? It was named that for the salt marshes. Wildlife like buffalo, elk and deer would gather there and the Indians who hunted them.

Today schools are on a 2 hour delay because of the cold. Starting out here at 11 degrees but warming up this weekend!

Today I am thankful for the sun setting a little later each day reminding us that spring is just around the corner!

Linking with Michelle's Thankful Thursday
and Signs, signs

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Did not know about the name "Big Lick." That is a great sign, but I doubt the 3 wheeled car, Reliant Robin (?), runs given its flat tire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know any of this. Have you been in this store? I bet it is an experience, I would love o look around. We were 5 degrees this morning. And the wind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay then, I will not continue with my original comment on the name of Big Lick for a restaurant!!
    That is interesting that you would have a delayed start to the school day - surely that causes problems for parents who work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been out for the past two days because of the cold. Now we have a winter weather advisory for tonight. We can't catch a break!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)