Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Tuesday’s Treasures - Lauderdale

 

Lee Hwy . Buchanan


I drive past this big old house often, you can see it from the road. Recently I decided to try and find out the history on it which actually wasn’t hard for once! It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places…built in 1821, or even earlier.


It is said that it was much like Tara from Gone With The Wind with all the social galas that took place there.


I found a really interesting story about the history of the mansion in The Botetourt Bee which you can read HERE


Linking up with Tom’s Tuesday’s Treasures



9 comments:

  1. I see where the decendants of the original owners have bought and fixed it up. Wonder if anyone is actually living there, or if they will do tours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People live there! I took the pic from up on the road and zoomed in so I wouldn’t bug them!

      Delete
  2. Is this in Florida or ? It's an amazing place. We also have one in Minnesota. Amazing how many states have the same city names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay it's in Buchanan! I just googled it. I also notice you mentioned it at the beginning, funny how our mind will travel to places we know more of. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have made it clear that lauderdale is the name of the house!! But yeah, so many names are used over and over!

      Delete
  4. ...when I think of the south, this is what I think of. What a beauty, thanks Tanya. for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)