Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

National Museum of the Marine Corps - I

click on photos to enlarge
I showed you Belleau Wood yesterday but that went out of order so today I'll take you back to the beginning (I jumped ahead yesterday for murals' sake ha!)
There's our exit...
There it is, up ahead!! Kind of like seeing the Matterhorn pop out when you are heading to Disneyland!
A gung-ho Marine right there
Does the shape of the building remind you of anything?
If you said "Why yes, it reminds me of the flag raising on Iwo Jima" you would be correct...the spire was modeled after that very famous flag raising...
Follow us, we'll show you around inside this week!
The National Museum of the Marine Corps
18900 Jefferson Davis Highway . Triangle . VA . 22172
Visit their website HERE


14 comments:

  1. I imagine it will be a fascinating tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to visit. That monument might also be a rocket launch platform, but no matter. It is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat. i liked the truck, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, pretty pictures of the museum, I love this wonderful building!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures Tanya and this is very familiar to me. We pass ivy regularly during the year when going south to visit family, and have always said we should visit the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The general architectural style reminds me of our new War Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait! It would be so easy to find! I love the huge inspired sculpture, that is genius thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to visit this museum some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place for a visit. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet that's fascinating. Mind you, they always seem to shout a lot don't they? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet that's fascinating. Mind you, they always seem to shout a lot don't they? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely like to visit this!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)