Followers

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Signs 2 - House For Sale


624 Valley Rd . Troutville

I love this house! I drive by it every morning on my way to school. I noticed it listed for sale a while back and was surprised "who would leave this house?"...we aren't in the market so someone else can have this pretty old house...I have to say though that I just looked at all the pictures they have online of it, which you can see HERE and I have to tell you I'm a little disappointed on the inside. They did a ton of work on it in 2018 and from the looks of the pictures you can't even tell it's an old house on the inside..they took away all that old house charm and old house character and now it looks like every flip house you see on HGTV....it is beautiful inside but I feel like they took this home's personality away 🙁 In case you couldn't tell I'm a huge fan of old houses...the older the better to me!
Linking with Tom's Signs 2

Today I am thankful for the day staying just a little bit longer! It was after 5 and still sunny out...I know we have a ways to go before spring but I'll take every little sign I can find!
Linking with Michelle's Thankful Thursday

11 comments:

  1. Wow, the inside looks all brand new, everything white. It has been drained of all it's personality! But I do love the porches, the flagstone porch floor, and the beautiful wide path leading up to the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you don't need to be in the market to look! On the inside they sure liked gray paint! Thanks Tanya for stopping by, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly could have done better on the reno, but I do love the little red barn in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing houses and the listings! I'll go have a peek! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still pretty nice though Tanya, love the wide skirting boards, looks like high ceilings too, but you are right, definitely more appealing from the outside ✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. The inside looks rather dull with gray paint. I love the outside with the long porch. A single family house, you don't see them that big over here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That house looks adorable and has a great yard. Old houses have so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate the longer days too, so you are not alone. I enjoy winter, but the darkness that comes with it, not so much. I LOVE an old house and live in one. Sad that sometimes all evidence of its history is erased. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, people often make that mistake. They think because something looks glamorous on TV, they should do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beautiful old house. I would love a house like this. I took a look at the inside pics, and I don't think they have the proper furniture so it has taken away the houses' personality. Lots of potential! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)