Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekly Top Shot - Fincastle @ Night




Heading home through Fincastle one evening after the boys' basketball game. To the left you can see the beautiful stained glass window of Fincastle Baptist Church.

For Christmas the town hangs those colorful little lights all over, up and down the streets. I love how they look. I think I took this in early Feb or late Jan but I'm sure they've taken them down by now.

I'm irritated with my blog again. I don't mess with anything, the layout and stuff, and go merrily blogging along when all of a sudden, things are different. My layout is all out of whack again. This happened before and I can't remember what I had to do to fix it. Maybe it will just fix itself if I ignore it long enough?

Are you going to be watching the Oscars tonight? Ashlyn and I love award shows so we'll watching. I'm making pork tacos and salsa and guacamole so it will be an easy meal tonight to get me out of the kitchen on onto the couch in time!

Linking with Madge's Weekly Top Shot

Weekly Top Shot #71

17 comments:

  1. I love the bluish tinge of this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured the emptiness of a small town late at night. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lights of the stained-glass window shining out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe blogger 'discontinued' a template you were using and that shifted everything around? no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and meant to say i liked that scene with the colors and lights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? Tonight's the Oscars? I am so out of touch, I need to read it here:) Being that 9pm is cruisers' midnight, and because we do not have TV in the islands, we will have to check the web to see how it all pans out. I am hoping Lincoln will win big time.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your night shot and those lights! Ooh, enjoy the Oscars & those delicious sounding tacos! I don't get TV but it's always fun to see the crazy pageantry (and figure out if I won the Oscars pool, haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot. I would love to see the Oscar's but I don't have television and they don't stream it. Enjoy it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came over from your link at the Signs meme, but I enjoyed scrolling up and down from there...watching Oscar prelims already...Love my IPad cuz I can do that and read great blogs at the same time. Your blog layout looks OK to me... It is weird how computers seem to have minds of their own sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not seeing anything weird with your blog, Tanya. Anyhoodles, no award shows for me. I loathe them. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blog looks fine to me. I don't watch the award shows. I can read the results in the paper tomorrow in five minutes instead of devoting four hours tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shot Tanya, love the church window and the colored lights... feels like 'home.' Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #71!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, the stained glass really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like there should be a party goin' on with all those pretty lights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photo! How different things look at night.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)