Followers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Barn Charm Tuesday - Blue Ridge Parkway

(click on photo to enlarge)

On Sunday we packed the cooler and jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway and headed south. No plans really, just decided to stop here and there and have lunch somewhere along the way. We pulled into Cahas Mountain Overlook to check out the view. I just knew we had been there before and could remember having a picnic and I remembered a barn being there but you couldn't see it now because of all the overgrowth. I looked and looked for it and couldn't see it anywhere. I decided I must have been mistaken and we got back in the car and started to leave when Nick says "There's the barn" and it was just barely visible through a small break in the trees. I KNEW I was right! ;)

The original post of this barn from 2010 is RIGHT HERE.

Looks much different doesn't it?!

Linking with Barn Charm!


I'll share more on our Sunday drive through-out the week. It turned into a fun day!

20 comments:

  1. Well spotted, and well worth a photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Nick was keeping an eye out for you! Sometimes I think Greg gets a little tired of my scouting, but then he'll find something for me to take a photo of. This is a great shot - so worth hunting for! Your day sounds like a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. through the trees. you might pass by this one & not even see it ... glad you caught it. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a nice one I was thinking you are always right:) B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at that mountain the last few days as that is where our internet tower is and I have been building an antenna pole up the hill from the house where we can see Cahas. It was a nice day to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The roof and wood pose a lovely contrast. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the rusted stripes in the roof. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks very different now with all the greenery. Glad you found it! I love the old weathered barns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot more green. Did you think you were getting oldtimers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and what a brightly colored barn it is. Fun that your family pitch in to help you find things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a HUGE difference! I would never have recognized it to be the same barn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it looks so different! Right now it's so bright and so colorful! And so special! And I have never seen such interesting barns in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What a difference in a few years!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you go back in another three years, all you will see is the corrugated roof.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those colours are certainly bright.

    ReplyDelete
  17. doesn't look like the same place, at all... i have to agree w/ Jack, if you go back in another 3 years I'm afraid it's gonna be gone! YiKeS!

    Thank you for joining, Tanya =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing colour amidst all that green!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)