Another thing the Hodges told us about the parkway was how the government came in and tore out all the natural split rail fencing and replaced it all with barbed wire. They complained of deer getting caught in it and don't particularly care for the barbed wire.
"Wal, I been livin' on this hyar mountain well nigh onto eighty yars, and I
been wonderin' what this mountain was fer. Now I know it's fer to put a
road on it."
Another interesting Parkway link HERE
Linking with Friday Fences
Well hey now, I decided to finally play along with Nancy and her Random 5...so here we go:
1) Got the boys room cleaned up spotless yesterday and moved Christian's room down to the basement for a little more privacy (the boys all helped out) and that is why I was absent in bloggy land.
2) Today I am going to work on the storage side of the basement. Why does that always become such a wreck? Going to finish my coffee first.
3) Excited that football season is starting and we go pick up the boys' gear in the morning.
4) Thinking of going to a baseball game tomorrow night, our little local Red Sox are playing.
5) Started reading Where The Heart Is. Loving it, had me hooked on the first page. Just finished Nora Roberts' Midnight Bayou. It was pretty good with a little ghosty plot. If anyone would like to read it, I'd be happy to send it to you! Just let me know!