Followers

Friday, September 19, 2014

Willy Nilly Friday 5 Number 12 - Huckabees in Iron Gate

click on photo to enlarge

This is Huckabees in Iron Gate. We have never stopped here but the colorful chairs out front always catch my eye when we are driving through. I just looked at their Facebook Page and wow, I really need to make a point to check it out on the inside one day because what is better than "6 unique shops under 1 roof" and "a great place to stop, shop, and eat"! Well that sounds like my kind of place! You've got to check out their menu and the names of their deli sandwiches like the "oinker" lol..how funny! This is just right up the road from yesterday's park :)

Now for some willy-nilly's:

1) I tried a few new recipes this week and these 2 things were winners... Tabbouleh (made with Quinoa and was soooo tasty!) and Roasted Chicken & Potatoes ...I used bone in breasts and the chicken was so flavorful!

2) It's a pet peeve of mine when people spell "y'all" like this "ya'll"...y'all is a contraction of you and all and when you drop the "ou" your apostrophe should hang right there, after the "y" and before the "all"...so there, my spelling tip of the day ;) but...I have probably made tons of grammatical errors all through this post so who am I to judge lol...

3) Have you heard of this: Worldwide Photo Walk? Looks pretty cool. Nothing in my area, but I did see a couple in DC.

4) Did I tell you Ash and I went and saw The Giver? I know I mentioned we were going to go but I don't think I told you that we REALLY liked it...a lot! Dalton read the book and Braden's class just started. I know someone who didn't like it but she read the book and you know how that goes, books are always better, in most cases I guess...

5) Ash saw some religious nut on campus this week. He was there with his wife and small child. He staked out a section and started "preaching" about cheerleaders being "whore-leaders" and sorority girls being "sow-ority girls" and basically calling everyone big ol sluts. I don't know why he is allowed to do this. She said he has permission because it's his "Freedom of Speech"..his wife stands by and films the whole thing. Ash had heard that he sued another school he was "preaching" to after he ended up in a fight, someone punched him and now his wife films it for evidence I guess. Sounds to me like he wants to instigate stuff and then sue..maybe that's how he makes a living. He sounds dangerous. Ash sent me a link about his visit there, someone recorded him and a student got a guitar and started to sing "How He Loves Us" and all the students joined in and covered the preachers mean ramblings. You can watch it RIGHT HERE ....it's pretty touching!

Well that's my 5 for the week and now it's your turn! Post 5 random "willy nilly" things and link back to me. Visit other Willy Nilly participants and have fun! Have a great weekend too!!





24 comments:

  1. I had not seen the giver, nor the photo walk...going to check that out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huckabees looks like the kind of place I would like as well! I don't know why people have such religious intolerances. I'm sure Jesus would not approve of that guy's behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good place to stop and try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya,
    As far as #2 goes, all I can say if picky-picky! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped at one place over there but cant remember if it was that one, I guess there can't be but so many in Iron Gate. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo walk sounds like fun. I checked and there are 2 locations that I could attend but both are at least 2 hours away. Probably won't go, but worth considering if JD is off work. Can't abide those zealots. I'm sure God would not approve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a newsy post, Tanya! I need to take the time to check the links,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I 'hate' improper English, spelling, punctuation, etc. etc. etc. So, I can relate with y'all!!!

    And the whores on campus vs. the freedom of speech guy?......this is insane. I'd be on the campus right next to him and his family with my cheerleader outfit on....and being a bit obnoxious and cheering a bit louder than he. MY right too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the store. wish that preacher spread a better message. so much negativity in the world. who needs more?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice place!
    Please remove my links are wrong! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There one 'preacher' downtown here who is especially loud and boisterious.and I guy who stands behind him for hours with a sign that reads LIAR. There was a photo the other day. Pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd be inclined to stop in there!

    Y'all isn't a term we use up here, but I see it in books with Southern characters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chicken dish looks wonderful, I have just printed it and can't wait to fix it!! I also picked up another recipe while I was there. That man must be severely disturbed and needs medicated. And even worse, to bring a mall child to witness this rant! That is just the WORST.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will definitely stop there and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huckabees sounds wonderful! You have to stop in...take photos! :-) Oh, that video was AWESOME!!!! I'm sharing that on Pinterest. Makes one have faith in our young people and of course in our Lord! Goodness is always greater than evil.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The lady I work for sponsors/promotes the world wide walk each year in our area. I've never attended, but they look cool. I have people call me in regards to them and I tell them how great they are….ummmm….I should try it one year.
    The religious fanatics. They kill me. They are allowed on school campus's because of their 'rights'. They are kooks. I've seen them at the girls school…people just ignore them. The movie sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i will admit i am always confused about y'all (they only thing i can think, is they think you all, but i have not clue. now i have confused myself, nuts!! any who. i know what i mean to say, but don't always say it. ha. ha!!! ) ... but i do look it up. hey, i know you said that was wrong ... just picking. i usually ask the hubby when i need to spell it ... i am a terrible speller .. always have been. so maybe in my next life i will be a perfect speller ... maybe??! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Giver was a great book! Hopefully I will see the movie at some point, once it's out on dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Worldwide Photo Walk looks like fun. And sometimes it seems that having to put up with jerks is too high a price to pay for our freedom of speech, but we need to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We had one of the Photo Walks here a few years ago. I want to see The Giver.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the students' reaction. Love will win a lot more hearts than condemnation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe you haven't been there yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)