Followers

Friday, August 5, 2016

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 92

click on photos to enlarge

Randomness from the Old Dominion Metal Products Building . Roanoke

1)
Bricks

2)
Rust

3)
Shadows

4)
Glass

5)
Textures

These were all taken at the old Dominion Metal Products Building in Roanoke. I have shown you a couple of pics from this day HERE and HERE

I remember this day well. It was an unusually warm day in November 2015. The weekend of the Paris terrorist attack. Nick was out of town and the boys and I went to see the Roanoke star as the city had changed the color of the star to honor Paris. It was a sad day for the world but a special day spent with my boys.

Now it is your turn! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others :) Have a great weekend!



p.s. if the linky isn't showing up please just check back or leave your link in the comments. I have seen where this has been a problem with other bloggers using this linky and I know some of you have had a problem with it as well..darn it!

19 comments:

  1. Even though it is a sad sight, you have somehow captured a certain beauty about it. Here, we have something very similar. The old Virginia Metalcrafters building. They are opening a brewery in it now. But the outside still remains untouched and in ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of a sad thing in a sad time...thanks for sharing. I always like these old factorys.
    Today in the morning I still see Mr. Linky.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection of shots from around this old factory! A super place for more unusual photos which you have captured so well! I love the bricks & rust!
    Thanks for hosting!
    Enjoy your weekend, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are also way too many sites that this around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour around the old factory. Hope you and the boys have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks like a photographers delight! Love the brick facade and all the light and shadows.
    Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that was an interesting old place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing history and such great textures and shadows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very fine series of photos, Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well worn structures here, Tanya. You've captured these surfaces beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love these "ruin" photos! Such great texture and design angles and light...really wonderful, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much texture! Great light too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definetly some of my favorites of yours! Great shots there. I love photographing old interesting places/buildings like these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definetly some of my favorites of yours! Great shots there. I love photographing old interesting places/buildings like these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great photos. Love the first one......it's all about perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the angle and brick in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That first shot was like an abstract which left me disoriented until I rotated it 90 degrees! I was wondering how they laid the bricks on the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)