Followers

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Day Of The Big Eclipse

click on photo to enlarge

Did you have a good view of the eclipse yesterday? Our schools ordered glasses and passed them out to the students and faculty. School wasn't dismissed until after 4 so the kids could all watch the eclipse from school. I brought my glasses home and watched from the deck. I was so happy they thought of this! I remember seeing the one in 1979...I was in Jr. High and we used a piece of paper with a pin hole...these glasses were so much better! I wish I could have taken a picture like I saw it through my glasses but I don't have a special filter, nor do I know how haha...anyways, this is what it must have looked like with the naked eye...I had my glasses on and just pointed my camera in the general direction...such a photographer :) ...we had pretty good visibibility and then right at the time of totality a storm cloud covered it....oh well! I am happy that I saw what I got to see anyway :)

Linking up with Tom's Tuesday's Treasures

Linking up



9 comments:

  1. ...I was returning from Vermont and miss the whole deal, I'm glad that you witnesses it. Maybe next time. Thanks Tanya for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The schools here did the same thing. They gave the kids eclipse glasses and dismissed them late so they could all watch it together. I watched from my front yard with one of my neighbors. It was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was partial here, and there were clear skies. I went out during the time it was at peak, and noticed the peculiar tone to the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday was fun for those of us who could see the eclipse. Like you, I couldn't get a good shot, but I am going to share a couple of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very pretty. And your aim was perfect! We saw nothing here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My part of Kentucky wasn't in the path of totality like the western part of the state, but we still had 96% coverage. Even with just 4% of the sun showing it was still quite light. It didn't get as dark as I was hoping, but it was still great to see the eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a great experience at my primary school. I also watched the one in 1979.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was partial here. You needed the glasses to make it out; it looked like a crescent moon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)