Followers

Friday, August 18, 2017

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 140

click on photos to enlarge

Michie Tavern . 683 Thomas Jefferson Parkway . Charlottesville . VA . 22902

1) Michie Tavern has a loooong and interesting history dating back to 1777! Read about it HERE

2) The boys have their first football game tonight! We play our rival school. There are 2 high schools in our county and it's a big deal when we play each other...everybody comes! Our school moved up a division and so our schedule this year does not include our rival so tonight they scheduled a "benefit game" kind of as an excuse to play them!

3) Trying so hard to get used to our school schedule and all the running around...I have been spread thin but hoping I get back in my groove.

4) Tomorrow Nick's employer is having a company party at the lake...that should be fun!

5)
Somewhere in Charlottesville....(that should cool you off a bit!)

That's my 5 this week friends! I hope you will join in too! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others!! Have a super weekend and stay safe!








13 comments:

  1. ooooh, that snow looks good to me.
    Wishing you a terrific weekend.
    thank you for being here.
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the country needs to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. schools back in session... where did summer go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lived in Alexandria VA for many years, and Charlottesville was always one of our favorite places to visit. Of course, we stayed away when there was snow on the ground! Lovely photos.

    I've just discovered Willy Nilly Friday! And I think it's a great idea!
    ~ Joy @ joysweb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to see if I know this place in Charlottesville, it looks like a residential area. I have been to Michie Tavern, but we did not eat there. What an exciting game it will be!! I hope you return with pictures of the lake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that shot of the tavern and the snowy road into Charlottesville.
    Have a fun time at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go to Michie Tavern. Love Charlottesville so much...hope that picture is a couple of months old! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ya....just what the doctor ordered!!! The heat wave is so intense here in South Texas, that snow even looks GOOD 'bout now!!!

    Good luck with the game tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Charlottesville! Hope that it cools off indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like visit Mitchie Traven.. just few weeks back I visited Valley forge...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/2017/08/visit-to-valley-forge-national-historic.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing the snow Tanya, especially since it's been so hot here. Hope the boys had a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I needed to cool off! thanks for the snow. School starting is always a fun/busy time. Happy Friday. Hope your weekend is fun. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)