Followers

Friday, March 2, 2018

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 164 & A Theme Day!

click on photos to enlarge
I'm late for everything today!! So combining 3 things in 1!
1)
Breckenridge Elementary . Fincastle
City Daily Photo monthly Theme Day was on the 1st and I'm late to that...the theme this month was "Play"...last night the boys' basketball team played their last game...this was the hardest game we've played all season...the boys gave it their all and won! The score was 71-63! It was intense and at times didn't look like we'd win! They finished their season undefeated...have a tournament later in the month! So this is my take on "PLAY"...see more at City Daily Photo

2) We are under a weather advisory for high winds...started last night and will continue till tomorrow...gusts as high as 60 mph...school was cancelled for today...many people are without power...we are lucky as of right now! I did wake up though to find the neighbor's trampoline in our yard!

3) Speaking of the winds...last night when we were leaving the basketball game in Fincastle my radio would not turn on...it does this on occassion and usually resets itself after sitting for a little bit (it seems to be an issue in Fords)...so I pulled into the parking lot of THIS CHURCH ...not typically scary...we've been there before...but this time it was very dark out...no lights on anywhere...well we didn't think anything of it then Dalton got out of the car to change his shirt and he noticed the sky...it was flashing blue and red...we didn't know what was happening...it was windy but quiet...while we were watching the sky I then noticed the light in the parking lot flashing on and off...I just thought it was on a sensor or something and not working right...then the church lights inside starting turning on and off and then the old house across the road started flashing on and off too! I've shown you that house RIGHT HERE...I thought they meant the abandoned house next door was turning on and off which I've shown you that house RIGHT HERE ...as we were driving through the old portion of Fincastle that is full of old houses, old churches and old graveyards...lights were flickering on and off! When we made it out to the main road we saw lots of emergency vehicles with their lights on heading somewhere...once we got home we heard that some transformers exploded leaving many without power..still today! You can read that story HERE

4) Today I am thankful for the fact that we haven't lost power!! Thousands are without power right now and I feel so thankful that we are not one of them!! You can read that story HERE and I'm linking that with Michelle's Thankful Thursday

5) We watched Daddy's Home 2 this week...hilarious!

That's my 5 this week!! I know it's late but hope you will join in!! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others!! Have a great weekend :)


10 comments:

  1. On to the tournament! Yes-Haw! Well done! Be careful in the storm. Hope you keep your electricity. Stay safe. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the team! I got a creepy feeling when you were describing driving through the old part of town and lights were flashing on and off ... yikes! Glad it was not ghosts! Being without power is no cake walk - glad you're not affected and those without get it back soon! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group picture with your boys this is!! They must be super athletes. This church looks more like a little chapel. I would have been pretty scared. It made me think of how when emergency vehicles come through, they take over the streetlights and flassh that white light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya - my link has not appeared yet ... not sure if there is an issue with the widget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo. Coincidentally, because one of my high school classmates died, I was going through old yearbooks, and there are many photographs like this one and I thought those were great days in many ways...we didn't have to worry about too much and the whole world was in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, transformers blowing out can be very dramatic! We only lost power for a short time. Trees were down in the roads so I stayed home all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you didn't lose power. I enjoy your photos on Instagram today. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very scary weather you are having. Glad your power did not go off.
    Great team photo. Take care B

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)