Followers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Mellow Yellow Monday

This old Flapper dress is in the Western Virginia History Museum . We went there yesterday and I will warn you, if you do go, call first and ask if they have their whole museum out of storage yet. I guess they are moving and most of their pieces are in storage so it was a bit disappointing..only a small room of music history. Isn't the dress super though? Imagine all the fun parties this little dress has gone to! Linking to Mellow Yellow Monday

11 comments:

  1. Oh my I wish I could find this kind of dress in vintage dress store hehe. It's very beautiful a museum material indeed. Thanks for the visit I do appreciate it.

    MYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that fashion always comes back ! you could wear this dress today too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!

    Colorful puzzle is my entry, please come and see. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks like something my Granny would have worn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet someone was really 'cutting the rug' in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fabulous dress. I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! What a fabulous dress! I love the fashion from that time period. In fact, I find everything from that time period. Thanks so much for sharing it and for stopping by to see me. Your comment was very much appreciated! Have a fantastic week, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would be perfect for a costume ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a passion for vintage fashion--and I sure miss the museums in Virginia. They have so many good displays and shows on vintage clothing. That's one thing I loved about working at Colonial Williamsburg. I could hop over to the museums any time I wanted.
    This one is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)