Followers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Schuyler Baptist Church




This is the Schuyler Baptist Church which sits near the Hamner Home (The Waltons). I've tried to get info on when the church was built but cannot seem to find anything. It's amazing to me when I research places and they don't seem to think that the age of a building is of any importance. I for one am obsessed with these things and comb the internet trying to find out lol...anyways, I did find a bit of info that this is the church the Hamners attended.

I know it's Tuesday which means Barn Charm but sadly I don't have a barn today and also it's first of the month which is Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers and the theme is "Bakeries" and I didn't get out and do that either...oh well!

15 comments:

  1. It's not a barn or a bakery, but it's still cute! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful church and I like so much this composition with beautiful trees!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're 0 for 2! :) or make that 3 if you count getting the age of that church! :) what a way to start the week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your church shot....even on barn day! :-) I agree about the interest in age of buildings...I wish more was indicated on some of these old places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya

    Very neat shot. I like the angle of looking at the church through the trees and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd rather see this lovely church than a bakery or a barn anyway Tanya... know what you mean about researching and finding zip, zero, zilch, nada. Grrr, I want the facts too! I love the Waltons, my husband always teases me about watching such a silly show...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feels a bit like an oasis.
    Thank you.

    Please have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, you have been too busy lately and we understand. I always search for information about my photos, and am amazed when I can find nothing. Churches are the hardest, you find mass schedules, bulletons...

    This theme day was a bit dangerous...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your church picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just a beautiful church photo- great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the profile of the church, and I'd love to visit here. Loved the TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a lovely photo of the church - my librarian-self is also confounded by the lack of dates or the sloppy dating of photos (esp when they're taken for historic building surveys). The date I've found for this place, thus far, is ca1905.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i love when i get answers on these things!

      Delete
  13. http://www.religiousherald.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=681&Itemid=110

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)