Followers

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Scenic Overlook

click on photos to enlarge
Alleghany County...near Falling Spring
"Through the gap between Peters Mountain on the left and Lick Mountain lies the road to the Kanawha used by emigrants traveling west to the Mississippi basin. The road in the valley below follows the route Washington used when inspecting the forts along the Jackson River in 1756."

Now that's a view!

Today I am thankful to be officially starting my first day of summer vacation! The boys last day of school was on Tuesday but I had to go in for a few hours and clean yesterday...then grocery shop, run the boys and a friend around town...my house looks like a bomb went off...I am also thankful to have a whole, mostly uninterrupted day to clean haha...and perhaps a little bit of blogging of course! Linking up with Michelles Thankful Thursday & Signs, Signs for the first time in ages! Have a great day :)



18 comments:

  1. These a fine looking landscape photos with a wonderful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely views and photos. Enjoy your break! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Hope you have a great Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of a grand view ~ thanks,

    Happy Weekend coming up for you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sky and mountains! Let the summer fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sky and clouds are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've driven through that area a couple of times and always admired its magnificent beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful views. Now bring on the summer! :) Have a great weekend Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh....summer vacation! I know you'll enjoy it! Who cares about the messes! lol LOVE the views and the clouds were perfect for your photos! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty clouds! We have two more days of school here, tomorrow and Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't Summer Break the best?!! Enjoy ALL of it! Thanks for linking up today and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! Wow, school is out already? Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love stopping at spots like this. It's nice they put up signs to remind us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful vistas Tanya and by now your house is probably in tip top condition too ☺ My problem​ is my garden.. aka my jungle, I have to get control of it soon, very soon 😀

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely area and beautiful photos, Tanya! I hope you guys have a great summer vacation. I think our grandson's starts his time off in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Forgive my ignorance - I'm not sure which mountain range this is, but it reminds me of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)