Followers

Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Fences - Fincastle


On Monday evening, Christian had baseball practice in Fincastle. I dropped him off and ran down to the Presbyterian Church to get a photo for Taphophile Tragics' post on Tuesday. Parked in the little lot across from the church and noticed this and thought, perfect for Friday Fences! And yes, that little building slopes, it's not your eyes or my unsteady hands!

This afternoon, Braden and Dalton's 5th grade class are planting a tree and dedicating it to the victims of the Sandy Hook Massacre....you can read about that RIGHT HERE. I'll be there and take a few pictures of it. So honored that my boys get to be a part of this.

Tonight, Ashlyn and I are going to the Brantley Gilbert concert in Roanoke. Looking forward to spending some fun one on one time with my girl that I never get to see anymore! I'm sure I'll have a picture or two of that as well :)

Saturday we have 4 baseball games to watch (our first of the season), between Christian's doubleheader and Braden and Dalton's. There's a slight overlap of games so Nick and I will have to juggle that!

Saturday evening we are going to go see Christian in his first ever play. He's in the play "Harvey"...I keep calling it "Ted" for some reason lol. Christian is playing the role of a guy who works in the mental hospital if you are familiar with it. I am not familiar with it....yet....

Sunday we might make it to Buchanan for the Civil War History Weekend. We've been before but I don't think it was on a Sunday.

Have a super weekend!! I'm never this busy on a weekend...I feel so popular :)

28 comments:

  1. You are not familiar with Harvey? One of the greatest roles that Jimmy Stewart every played. You should check it out on Netflix or Vudu...surely one of them have it. I remember seeing it for the first time when I was a child....fell in love with Jimmy Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fence and it looks like purple blooms behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shot. i love the new blog writing. very easy to read. great!! ( :
    have a good weekend.

    i just noticed "Leave It To Davis" comment -- I love "Harvey" ... saw it for the 1st time not to long ago ... love that movie. you have to see it. super good. Jimmy Stewart rocks!! try Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shot, Tanya. What a weekend you have ahead. Enjoy every minute :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember 'Harvey' well. I too loved James Stewart.

    What a lovely photo. The purple is gorgeous and the little building so full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice building that is, love your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy weekend you are going to have! I love this photo, very vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very charming shot! Busy busy busy...enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the wisteria setting off this scene! good luck with your busy, but fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that fence and the gorgeous purple flowers behind it!
    Wow, what a weekend you have planned, sounds like fun! :)
    P.S. I'm with Beth on the new, easier to read font!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tilting building and purple flowers!! How cool that you might go to Civil War History weekend! I would LOVE that! DId you used to go to the Wilson Creek Battlefield when you lived here? We have a season pass. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i loved wilson's creek...such a beautiful spot!

      Delete
  12. Your sloping building shot is so pretty with those flowers. It makes a excellent shot. Your schedule is loaded.... but it will be fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, you are going to be busy this weekend! Have fun! Love the shot - the building, flowers, and fence all go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tanya.....YOu are going to be a basket case come Sunday night. WOW! What a weekend you have planned. Love the Leaning House of Fincastle. What a classic capture. Going to meet Beth for lunch on Wednesday. She will be my first blogger friend I have met. Can't wait. We are going to have to do it soon. We will be sure to take pictures. Enjoy your busy but heavenly weekend. genie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a weekend! But, all of your weekend activities are going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a sloping building! Good luck juggling your games this weekend. We are juggling softball and trap shooting competitions this weekend! Life is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fence with the purple flowers. And that little slanting building with the vines is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What are the purple flowers blooming around the building? Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hach wie goldig, dieses kleine Juwel...danke fürs Zeigen :) ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the purple flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tilting building and all—I love everything about this! Enjoy your busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i wonder how long the tilting building will survive

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Around Roanoke" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-sunday-drive_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! Thanks for linking up on Taphophile Tragics. --- Always nice to see what you share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOTS of character in that shot!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)