Followers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rurality Blog Hop #12 - Front Porch in Mt. Airy

The Gertrude Smith House...Mt. Airy, NC

It's funny, porches remind me of To Kill a Mockingbird and Fried Green Tomatoes...so when I went about looking for a quote to use for a porch, I was really wanting to use something from one or the other and oddly enough, I found this:

"My favorite scene in all of movies is Gregory Peck in 'To Kill A Mockingbird': You see him where he's on the porch, and his face is almost completely obscured. I don't want to see his face."
Mary-Louise Parker

Not quite the porch quote I was looking for but it was said by one of my favorites who played Miss Ruth and she said it about To Kill a Mockingbird...so I had to use it lol

Linking with Rurality Blog Hop!


21 comments:

  1. Love your angle. And now I want to re-read fried green tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your low down view, adds a certain mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tanya I LOVE this porch and yes I remember that part in the movie:) B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the perspective, Tanya! I practically grew up on a front porch. We played on it year round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great perspective, love the blue tones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photo, Tanya. Loved 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the blue tones in this shot. really draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was growing up, people didn't have air conditioning (we still don't) and neighbors would come visit and sit on the porch after supper. I do more setting out in the yard until the mosquitoes get bad then it is on to the screened in porch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that movie too, and it's a great film fit for this picturesque scene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice perspective, Tanya! The blue tone makes the photo mystical...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the porch! Such an interesting feel to the image with the colors and overall tone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the porch, your cool photo of it, and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great angle on this shot! Growing up everyone had a porch, and we sat out on our swings or walked up and down the street visiting. Times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent shot of the porch ~ very creative ~ Great post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love front porches, and the angle of this one is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very classic photo. Nothing like a true front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the porch photo! LOVE both of those movies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great perspective on this shot! :)
    I love a nice big front porch, especially ours! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)