Followers

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Signs, Signs - Moon Fish @ Kroger

(click on photo to enlarge)

A few weeks ago when we were headed off to Mountain Lake Lodge for the day, we stopped here at Kroger in Daleville so Nick could run in and get some money from the ATM machine. While the boys and I waited in the car, I noticed Moon Fish on sale. I was thinking "hmmm, $19.99 a lb doesn't sound like that much of a sale...." but I don't think I've ever eaten Moon Fish before so maybe it is so delicious that it commands $19.99 per lb. Or maybe, it is hard to catch and therefore they charge $19.99 a lb, on sale! Well, whatever...I liked the colorful sign!

And here's my cute boys while we are waiting:
....gosh I love those 2! For some of you that don't know, those are my babies! Identical twin boys: Braden on the left and Dalton on the right. Their big brother Christian works inside that Kroger. In fact, he was there working and that is why he didn't go with us to the Lodge...sigh...

Also, notice how foggy it is here? Well that fog stayed for pretty much most of the day...see my other foggy Lodge photos HERE!

Want to know more about Moon Fish? Click HERE

Want to see signs from all over the world? Well then visit Signs, Signs!

26 comments:

  1. fabulous twins ;-), I've never even heard of Moon Fish...I need to refill my coffee cup and come back to Roanoke in a minute...fun posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be long until hamburger will cost that much, I could see that prices were up yesterday. I will pass on the moon fish though I am craving some fish and chips these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful looking fish, seems a shame to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your twins are adorable! Not sure I have ever heard of moon fish, but I am positive I would not pay that kind of money for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. truth be told, I did pay $19.95 (why don't they just say $20 and be done with it?) for Striped Bass when I couldn't catch it. Delicious! When I saw the photo of the boys, I immediately said "twins!" and they are. Such happy faces!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. McDonalds has fish sandwich for $1. Maybe the cost is high because it comes from Hawaii? It's a nice looking fish, would look good in a fish tank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place looks familiar. I see Christian there from time to time. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moon fish is a new one on me as well -- love the sign and your silly boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting ... a moon fish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of moon fish - but am pleased to see it is being fished in a sustainable way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your boys are so cute. :) not familiar with moon fish either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I DID follow the link to learn about Moon Fish - BUT, choose to ignore it because It's more fun to think the price is GREAT - if someone went to the moon to obtain it . . Then, i wondered if they could Look like the Moon . . . If so, wouldn't it be lovely to have a tank of Moon fish swimmering in your home? I wonder if a company could make star feed for Moon fish?

    Those are handsome young men . . .

    Love & Love to You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your red headed twins! I've never heard of moon fish. I'll have to check it out to see what makes it so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice interlude reading your blog and loving those sweet smiles on your boys' faces. Smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those boys look very handsome!
    I like the sign, don't think I have ever seen a sign advertising for moon fish before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will have to click on the link I've never heard of moon fish before.....now I'm intrigued especially because of the price! Great pic of your boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Moon fish? Never heard of it, but you are right, the sign is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of moon fish either....

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the first time I've heard of moon fish. A bit steep for the budget, I'm afraid. Decorative sign, though.

    Your sons certainly have beautiful smiles!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my signs.

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't realize your son was working at Kroger. I will have to pay more attention when I'm in there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Handsome boys♪ Sign was quite a find! http://lauriekazmierczak.com/887/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute guys, Tanya.

    Was the Moon Fish caught in Moon River? Ba da bing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What adorable boys!

    Wish we had a Kroger here. The closest one is over an hour away in Harrisonburg.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your boys are beautiful! My identical boys are six, blonde hair and blue eyed. But they were born with red hair, and I so wish it would have stuck around! Your boys are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)