Followers

Monday, November 18, 2013

Blue Monday - Decking The Halls In Fincastle

(click on photo to enlarge)

Waiting on the heavy rain that was heading our way Sunday, we decided to take a little Sunday drive before the weather turned. The sky looked intimidating but the weather was warm and we never saw a rain drop! Here we are passing through Fincastle and I noticed they are getting the town all Christmas'ed up! I love Fincastle during the Christmas season. I've shown you a photo HERE of the town all lit up at night...and that building there is the old jail, which I've shown you HERE...and looking back over the years, here's some shots of the Fincastle Christmas Parade: HERE...HERE...HERE...HERE...HERE...and HERE!

This is my first time to participate in the Blue Monday linky. I'm such a joiner! So if you want to see more stuff with blue, visit Blue Monday!

And last but not least...sending my thoughts and prayers to those affected by the tornadoes that hit on Sunday afternoon....

25 comments:

  1. A good shot!

    Work is being done here as well for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! I love those blues in it. Some Christmas decorating is starting in Altavista, too.

    Yes, prayers for those affected by those strong storms. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to say "already" but yes, I guess it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was crazy warm here...I expected a storm, but we never got anything but wind. I'm excited about Christmas, but not ready to start decorating yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue works well and no rain in the end. Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas lights tradition in Fincastle is an old one, and it does make the town look festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No rain here until what sounded like another deratio came through at 130am today. I don't think that I have been there for the parade but I have been over there at Christmas, it is a neat town and was kind of the center of the regional world back in the 1700s. Rt 220 started out as the Danville - Franklin - Fincastle turnpike as that was the place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not ready for Christmas, it was 87 here yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blue illuminating the building and stems of the tree. :)

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tanya, it was exciting to find your blog, one of these days I'm gonna tell my Roanoke story from our visit in 1980 (showing my age!)
    Anyway welcome to Blue Monday, good to have you here, looking forward to catching up with good old Roanoke!
    Just had your comment flash up on my screen - thanks for visiting me!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are really BIG snowflakes!
    Welcome to Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo, beautiful and full of mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tanya,

    I spent a good bit of my childhood in DC and MD, so I feel as if we're neighbors!

    Thanks for sharing your blue today.
    Happy 1st Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neat shot! I love the blue tint to the photo. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "It's going to be a blue... blue, blue, blue Christmas ..." (with apologies to Elvis).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful shot, looks very different.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely photo and I enjoyed all the others from your links. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you joined the blue Monday group. Sally is a great hostess and very faithful in replying to your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Neat edit with the blue and I LOVE the slope of the ground and the wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It will be beautiful for Christmas, but, really, do they really need to do it so early? The Christmas season seems to be advanced every year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and peaceful looking shot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the fading effect, great shot!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)