Followers

Friday, April 18, 2014

SkyWatch Friday and Random 5

(click on photo to enlarge)
Blacksburg Rd, Fincastle. I snapped this yesterday morning. Had to pick up Ashlyn in Buchanan. We both have had car troubles this week. Not fun. Mine is all better now...hers has to go back to the dealership again today. She has my car, I have Nick's car and he's going to drive a car off his lot. Musical cars today!

Linking with SkyWatch Friday

1) I'm sad that Nancy stopped blogging even though she told us not to be sad ;) I wonder how many of us will continue with the Random 5's she started?

2) Today @ 1:30 I will be on spring break! Today @ 3:30 the boys will all be on spring break!

3) Nick was out of town for a few days. Got caught up on movies he won't watch. I found the movie Adore on Netflix. I really liked it. These 2 women have been BEST friends since they were kids. Then they both go and fall in love with each others teenage boys. Although that sounds taboo it was really interesting to see how their friendship never falters and the side effects of their relationships with the boys. Here's the trailer for you:


4) I also watched 12 Years A Slave and August: Osage County. I hadn't finished 12 Years when I rented it a couple of weeks ago but Sunday I watched both of these back to back. Talk about intense. I was wiped out after all that. I should have followed 12 Years with a comedy ;)

5) I made talapia foil packets last night for dinner. Slice some lemons. Place your talapia on top, add a couple of pats of butter, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper then wrap and stick in oven, 350 for about 20 minutes. So tasty and easy peasy!

Have a great weekend and happy Good Friday!



26 comments:

  1. I thought the acting on part of the fellow who played the role of the cruel plantation owner in "Twelve Years a Slave" was exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the morning sun bursts through the trees ~ gorgeous! My DH has an aunt who lives in Roanoke. The movie Adore looks interesting, but like one of the captions read disturbing that's the way I feel about such stories. It would be difficult for me to watch a movie with this sort of plot. I have not heard of the other movie before. I will look at a trailer for it. It's nice to meet you through Skywatch Friday. Now following you! Have a blessed Easter weekend!

    To visit my Skywatch Friday post click, here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot, heading into Fincastle. Looks mighty early, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo, I like taking them into the sun like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an absolutely gorgeous photo!

    I've stopped eating tilapia the minute I saw where it comes from...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter and Spring Break, Tanya.

    I will miss Nancy's blog too.

    It's always nice to have a good tasting meal that is easy and enjoyable. We grill a lot at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the easy peasy fish recipe!! The sun is shining on your spring break!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous sun shot. so pretty. happy weekend!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo! I haven't seen those movies. Hope to see 12 Years and Osage County someday, but I know they will be intense. Enjoy spring break and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous morning shot! Sounds like you've had a busy week. Hope all the cars get fixed.
    Have a relaxing weekend and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haven't seen any of those movies. enjoy your spring break!!! love the solar flare and warm golden light in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful looking sunburst, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We saw Osage in the theater,..loved it...hardly ever have time to watch movies. Lovely sky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photo. So cool how the power lines are picking up the late afternoon light.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome picture! Enjoy your break! (If it goes quickly, will that be a break-fast?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing shot. And I have never heard of talapia, shall have google! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sad about Nancy's blog, too. I started a random five, but I guess my heart wasn't in it. I hope you get your car woes straightened out - and have a wonderful Spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photo. It's always difficult shooting into the sun. Yes, I'm missing Nancy too. Hope she decides to make a come-back. I haven't had the courage yet to watch Twelve Years a Slave. I know that it will totally wipe me out, and leave me depressed for a week. Have a great spring break! Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sad about Nancy, too. We'll keep the Random 5 home fires burning! Enjoy spring break. I love talapia and fix it with a little thyme and parmesan. I'm going to try your way. Happy Spring and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your first image is a winner Tanya, fab! Oh lala! that was an eye opener of a trailer.. yes two intense movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful photo, Tanya! Always enjoy reading about the things you share about your week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)