Followers

Monday, June 13, 2016

Skies After A Storm

click on photos to enlarge
With the days so hot it is not unusual for a thunderstorm to pop up in the afternoon...these were taken a few days back right after a storm...this is looking to the east from my deck towards the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Blue Ridge Parkway runs along there hidden by all those trees!

There was a very light rainbow...can you see it? Is there anybody that does not get happy when you see a rainbow? No, I don't think so!

And now we look west. Taken at the same time as the others...amazing how different the sky can look!

Linking up with Mersad's Through My Lens today :)



18 comments:

  1. Those are amazing sky pictures, Tanya. We've had some storms, too... not right at my place but close by. It's so hot. But, I guess it is time for that. Summertime is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the sky! You have a lovely view from your deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful shots! And yes, I DO see the rainbow! It is a pink wonderland! Funny how the sky always seems to be the prettiest after bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Color is just beautiful as is your view! I do love seeing a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scenery. We get some nice skies after our usual summer afternoon storms, too. Love the Blue Ridge Mountains also. You're lucky to have them in your back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome views, i really enjoy your skies after storms too, so amazing. but i still have yet to get over my fascination with clouds. i take them all the time. i just can't get over how they change. we are kayaking recently and the skies/clouds were really changing fast ... it was so wild. loved it!! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  7. My side of the mountain could use a thunderstorm or two now - it's really dry! Pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So difficult to capture on camera. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shot to the east. I do see the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing sky photos. Yes, I can see the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stormy weather makes for fab sky shots, I credible colours here Tanya.. yup, spotted the rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stormy weather makes for fab sky shots, I credible colours here Tanya.. yup, spotted the rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)