Followers

Friday, June 10, 2016

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 86

click on photos to enlarge
Just in case you didn't get enough of all this chipped up brick and broken glass last week, I've got more for you!

1)
This is the main office...if you are dazed and confused and haven't been following, this is the vacant building in Buchanan I showed you last Friday. The building is over 100 years old, starting out as Virginia Can Company and then a button manufacturer...this building is up for sale.

2)
Lookie there, a huge office space...you can probably work out some sort of deal to keep the chair, desk and trash can!

3)
I agree, this building IS dope!

4)
You know me I'm down with OPP I can't resist those windows!

5)
Curb appeal! And this little beauty will link up with Denise's Today's Flowers ssshhh...don't hurt my flowers' feelings by calling her a weed...that is just not nice!

I don't know if I showed you the listing for this place but Here 'Tis
Should you decide to buy, please let the Town of Buchanan know that you saw it here first, I want a piece of that pie! Just kidding...I have no dog in this fight, just love the building!

So that is my 5 this week and I really do hope you will join in! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others! Thanks so much for visiting and have a super weekend!


I'm linking up with Amy's 5 on Friday :)



22 comments:

  1. With all that open space and light from the windows, it would be perfect for an artist! I hope someone buys it and makes it a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sad place is like so many that I see in this area, creativity and $$$$$ is all that's needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A joint business venture, Tanya? I hope the new owners do something special with it and retain much of its character. Love your photos!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'open' office space...AND the 'curb appeal'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've quite enjoyed your adventure in and around this building. I sure hope someone will come in with good ideas and save the space. All that curb appeal shouldn't go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The office building is so lovely. Your photos make me feel I am in the nostalgic place. The old building and the window together have told some strong messages. Happy Friday for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree....it is a great building. I think YOU should purchase it....I know I'm not alone on this. I'm down with OPP....you know me. Happy Friday!
    Hey-I tried to respond to your comments via email, but can't find your email!! I know I had it at one time.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm...I wonder how much they are asking lol. Exactly how long has it been for sale?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great building, hope someone buys it and it is able to keep some of its charm. Certainly a lovely abandoned building.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The name's quite Dutch, looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these older buildings and sadly there are more and more that are deserted and left to disintegrate over time. But they were made of much sturdier stock than the new ones and seem to hang on forever. Sometimes a hardy soul will come along and breathe new life into one, but it is not common. I share your fascination with these old buildings, the windows, the bricks, the patterns...all are intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a great building with lots of interesting details. Thank you for taking part in Five On Friday, as I am sure you appreciate, I would be grateful if you could please add a link back to my link up with five on Friday in your post. Thank you. I hope you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the photos Tanya, beautiful old building and I loved those weeds/wildflowers. They look great to me :) Thanks for linking with Today's Flowers and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an interesting post with an interesting, if broken down, subject, but I think I'm going to pass on what is probably a wonderful business opportunity. I'm too old to work and want only to have fun and take photos. That place smells like a lot of work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. An interesting collection of images, Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love old buildings like that. I wish more were preserved instead of being left in disarray. Looks like the buyer would need to invest a few bucks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the textures of the old bricks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I like those old buildings and have enjoyed your photos. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm still living in a mess and have it not managed yesterday, but I will back next friday for Willy Nilly.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. If only the building could talk. What a chequered history it has had

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stumbled on your blog via Love Made My Home and will be signing up as a follower. Loved the building and want to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I see from the link that there's a lot of building space available on Main Street Buchanan, what's that all about Tanya?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I see from the link that there's a lot of building space available on Main Street Buchanan, what's that all about Tanya?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)