Followers

Thursday, December 14, 2017

First Snow

click on photo to enlarge

Day Creek . Blue Ridge

On Saturday we got our first snow! So later in the day we decided to take Ozzy out for a little hike...Ozzy loves the snow...and so does Nick...I love the snow but really prefer it from inside the warm house and looking out the window at it...Nick wanted to "picnic" in the snow so we packed up the camping stove and some beef stew so we would have a hot lunch to enjoy after freezing our butts off frolicking through the snowy woods...it was a nice afternoon, even if I couldn't feel my fingers or toes by the end of it all haha...this is the same area that LAST WEEK'S picture was taken...

The boys entertained themselves by throwing snowballs at each other...

Look how different this spot looked over the summer...the road had recently washed out...wonder if they will ever fix it?


Today I am thankful for a snow day! Although there isn't any snow haha...yesterday was soooo windy that the snow was blowing sideways...not much stuck but I imagine there are probably some icy roads...I hear Dalton in the shower, he is going to spend the day at his girlfriend's house...it's just me, Braden and Ozzy...maybe I can finally get caught up on some Christmas present wrapping! Linking up with Michelle's Thankful Thursday and just as I typed that I realized it is only Wednesday haha...oh well...I'll save this for tomorrow :)

12 comments:

  1. Hello, I have never been on a picnic in the snow. The photos and scenery are beautiful! Wow, the road is really gone. We had a little more snow overnight. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...woods that I'd love to frolic through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picnic in the snow sounds like a very exciting thing to do. I think I will be collecting the snow flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had snow, too, last Saturday but it didn't last long. I bet we get our good dose of it before the winter is over. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will not be mentioning a picnic in the show to the RG for obvious reasons ;)
    Your photos depict a fun family outing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's windy and cold here in Florida, we call it a snow day! Or if it rains! lol Love your real snow pics. Hope they get the road fixed...that looks scary! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The woods looks completely different with a bit of snow. Looks like a fine day to take the dog for a walk. Bet Ozzy had a great time. That washout looks serious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha - sounds like a fun "frolick" in the snow! I'm also laughing at the thought of getting "caught up" with Christmas wrapping - eeek, I haven't even started!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first two photos could have been taken on my farm. Love it! Thanks for linking up today and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun and the snow is so pretty! You have reminded me that I need to wrap my Christmas presents too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can send those loonies outside while you and I sit around inside the warm house and watch them from inside.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)