Followers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Traveller's Stable-Lee's Horse



I mentioned in yesterday's post that they kept Traveller's stable open and full of hay for his return. Corker wanted to know more and after digging around, I was able to find on Wikipedia this "The stable where he lived his last days, directly connected to the Lee House on campus, traditionally stands with its doors left open; this is said to allow his spirit to wander freely."

So there you have it! For more on Traveller Click Here

5 comments:

  1. Well, I'll be darned. Never knew anything about that. Never knew about his stable. I think that it is a great idea to keep it the way it is. From what I'm reading, Traveller must have been one heck of a horse. He must have gone thru and seen allot from the Civil War. It's nice that the ole' horse can be remembered for all that he's done.

    Great Post and Thanks for the information.

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if someone will leave the refrigerator door open for me with the shelves filled with chocolate pudding... ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Love to hear about famous horses. But who is Lee? I'm from Jersey. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. These last two blogs of yours were interesting Tanya. Nice to imagine that Traveller might return one day. A nice tradition. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful that they do that. I'm sure Traveller's spirit does still stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)