Followers

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Black & White Watery Wednesday


A view of the Potomac River from George Washington's back porch @ Mount Vernon.

Today I've got some tidying up around the house to do and I'll get some cooking done for tomorrow. Things like the cornbread dressing, pies (apple and pumpkin), and mashed potatoes so then I can just heat those up tomorrow. I'll only have the turkey left to cook tomorrow and the green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole which i don't think those hold up well enough to sit in the fridge. I can also get the relish tray together today to save time. No matter how much I prepare, seems like I'm up till midnight cooking the night before, then up bright and early to get the turkey in the oven!

Safe travels if you are out on the road!

Linking up with Tricia's new Watery Wednesday II so go check it out!



18 comments:

  1. i like the bit of tree branch peeking from beyond those columns.

    enjoy your thanksgiving feast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do wish I had made time to visit Mt Vernon when we were in Washington last. Enjoyed reading about your preparations for Thanksgiving. You seem well organised :). Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting black and white. I too am getting some last minute things together for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice B&W with a hint of the river! I like the branch, too, whether that was on purpose or not. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot! I haven't been to Mount Vernon in ages. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, Tanya! You sound like you're set:) Love the beautiful Mt. Vernon b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your Thanksgiving feast sounds great and is worth all the trouble you go to...Lucky guests!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely back porch view! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, enjoy your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shot- have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strange that I have never been to Mt. Vernon, not sure why as I like places like that. I took a lot of frosty shots this morning but didn't get motivated to do B&W, I found a setting on GIMP which is my photo software that replicates the Diana camera look so I may give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice shot! Sounds like you are cooking up a storm! Enjoy your Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, that is not supposed to be a question mark. (Guess I'm technologically challenged)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving Tanya I surely wish I lived closer that sounds wonderful. Enjoy Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful view! This is also on my DC to-do list. Have been there twice, and there's so much more to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, you will have to see mt vernon...and give yourself a whole day!

      Delete
  15. I'm tellin ya, the East Coast sure got all the great historical places! George Washington's back porch, that's awesome =)

    Thanks a bunch for joining =)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)