Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Black & White Wednesday


Some controversial graffiti along the Roanoke River.


Life aint always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life aint always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles make you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin it's sweet time


No, life aint always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life aint always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride


Gary Allan

20 comments:

  1. I like the range of grays. Have you looked at the website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! david duke is a white supremacist...i don't want that in my computer lol

      Delete
  2. Glad you posted above who he was - I didn't know either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember David Duke from a ways back -- didn't he run for president at one time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gary Allen sure writes a beautiful poem.
    I will not be visiting that site now that I know what it is thanks to your comment. :) B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are doing well Tanya I think about you all the time.HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good shot of the graffiti. I enjoyed the poem which has so much to say and says it well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The song....so true. I never heard of David Duke. Finding out who he is, I'm so glad. :) I love living in a bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful poem and b&w! I still remember David Duke, oh what a terrible man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image, perfect words. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And isn't it sad that some people cannot find a way to move beyond hate. Glad you included in the comments the graffitist (sp) is.

      Delete
  10. Thoughtful mean to measure time and life indeed.

    Please have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, not a nice guy at all.
    Love the Gary Allan lyrics though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard that name in quite a long time. Nice black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You captured the image beautifully...and that song is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)