Followers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Black & White Wednesday

The boys having some fun with the twirly door at 16 West Marketplace

After tooling around Black Dog Salvage on Saturday we were hungry for lunch so we headed downtown to Texas Tavern for a couple of burgers. There weren't any seats available when we got there, since they only seat 10 people at a time, so we decided to wait a bit and walk up to 16 West Marketplace and check it out. I blogged about this place before back in the summer and since then had wanted to see what their "European flair" grocery store was about. Well, it wasn't all that impressive but I'm not judging since it is brand new and hopefully once they get more vendors will become a cool place to come shop at. So far I didn't notice anything different that I can't already buy at Kroger. I will say though that the people were all very friendly and I've got my fingers crossed for this place to make it! By the time we were done looking around, we had killed enough time for a few seats to open up at the tavern so we enjoyed our burgers and a bowl of yummy chili and got a bag of burgers to bring home to Christian. He was a happy camper!


17 comments:

  1. Nice shot! You don't find many of those doors anymore. I always rush through them so I don't get hit from behind. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope the new grocery store proves to be a big success. The Texas Tavern lunch sounds good too, looks like the boys worked up an appetite with their 'spinning' session in the revolving doors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and white and the twirly. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember liking to go around and around like that. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun shot! btw... if you ever get out to the airport they have one of these doors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to always get in before my sister and speed up the slow down the door, she would get so mad, that still gives me a chuckle, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the movement and the way the door seems to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. see most of those doors in dallas office buildings here. :) cute boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh1 I had fun with these doors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The revolving door looks like a natural for young boys to have some fun testing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was at black dog today and we decided that I will do a 12x12 of maybe a sheep or some critter. I used to like those revolving doors until one grabbed the heel off of my shoe one day and it got stuck under the door and I couldn't get out of the thing. A real people trap it was!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boys do look like they are having fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This photo really took me back. Haven't done the revolving door thing since I was a kid! Fun times, though.

    Yes, I basically deactivated my Blogger blogs and am consolidating all of them into one at L & L Photography. Check out the blog at: http://landlfotos.com/blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun! Boys will be boys. (I feel that I am getting to know yours. Lovely.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen a revolving door in years. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy campers and twirly doors, sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hee hee....
    That takes «Louis» back to his childhood!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)