Frontier Culture Museum
This little cabin had tobacco hanging inside but it doesn't look like a tobacco barn so I don't know. That is tobacco growing on the other side of the fence. Friday Fences
Now some randoms:
1) I am SO excited to hear that one of my favorite books will be made into a movie, FINALLY. I read the Big Stone Gap series years ago. I had heard a rumor long before we even moved to Virginia that there was a movie in the works. I even emailed the author and asked and she confirmed it. I have been patiently waiting since then. And then, last week in my Facebook feed I saw her post THIS! Yay, it is happening. And I'm so happy that it will be filmed there locally!
2) Bears! We have a mama bear and I've heard 2 cubs in our neighborhood. The boys have seen her on ocassion but I haven't. I have seen the proof when she's been in the yard. She picks our trash can right up and lifts it over a retaining wall to sort through in the front yard. The news has THIS to say about all the bear sightings in neighborhoods recently. I really feel sad for them.
3) I want a morning to sleep in past 7!
4) I yelled at our football coach at last night's practice. The boys won their game on Wednesday, 6-7. At practice last night, the asst coach was going through their warm ups then afterwards they all gather in a huddle to get stickers for best plays etc...instead he started to yell at them and said "I am NOT happy with that win on Wednesday. You did not give me the shut out win I wanted so you will run 6 hills". That really ticked me off as they were being punished because they did not score enough for him? I jumped up like a crazy mom and went to the coach who was just yacking with a dad and said "Really, they're punished for a win because it wasn't a shut out?" and he said that they were having to run hills because they weren't focused. Well that's not what the assistant was yelling about but ugh, and I wasn't the only one that wasn't happy with that. I just happen to be the only one with a big mouth I guess ;)
5) Oh, I watched a great documentary on Netflix the other day, The Dust Bowl. I really enjoyed it. It was very moving. What hard times those people went through.
Have a great weekend!!