Followers

Monday, June 8, 2015

Fort Monroe IV

click on photos to enlarge
Some more of the exhibits inside the Casemate Museum
Edgar Allen Poe served the last part of his Army enlistment at the fort...for more notables CLICK HERE
Fort Monroe Casemate Museum . Fort Monroe . VA

Found this interesting link if you like a good ghost story The Haunting of Fort Monroe

Sad news....Ashlyn lost a friend on Friday. They had been friends since high school....taking her to the funeral shortly....this will be hard...I can't stop thinking about him and his family...

8 comments:

  1. Interesting that Poe is connected to this fort. Find peace Ashlyn. Hold to those precious memories. Lost a best bud at 17... still think of Teddy every Dec. 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the loss of Ashlyn's friend. Those old forts were so simple with no frills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the loss of Ashlyn's friend.

    These museums with wax people freak me out. I don't know why- I just would rather see the place without pretend people in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter's friend. That is so hard. The museum looks interesting, love those apothecary bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for Ashlyn's friend.

    The wax people do end up looking a bit peculiar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of the old bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter's friend. Sad.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)