Followers

Friday, June 12, 2015

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 47 - Night @ The Paragon

click on photo to enlarge
The Paragon . 11810 Fountain Way . Newport News . VA

The Paragon is one of those fancy schmancy theaters with the reclining seats and you can order beer and wine. We have nothing like that here in Roanoke and no, we didn't watch a movie at this one either. We don't go out of town to watch a movie you can watch back home and honestly, I think at this stage in my life I'd probably fall asleep watching a movie in a reclining position sipping on wine. But, I do think the idea is super cool. We stopped by an adjoining restaurant/bar that serves beer/wine to the patrons of the Paragon. I can't remember the name of the place but it is connected directly to the right. We stopped in to have a drink. Our waiter was some hipster type dude. He couldn't decide if he wanted to be rude or polite. We could not stop laughing. No matter how rude, although I'm sure he thought he was being "too cool", we just laughed and laughed. Anyways, I think the guys name was Jake or something and even though we can't remember the name of the restaurant, or really anything great about it we do remember our rude/nice/confused hipster waiter lol

For more on The Paragon and to see if you have one nearby CLICK HERE

So here's my randoms on entertainment this week:

1) Took the boys to see The Avengers this week...it was pretty good...they heard, and the movie hinted, that this is Robert Downey Jr.'s last time to play Iron Man.

2) I just started watching Bloodline on Netflix...It's pretty good!

3) Speaking of Netflix, have you ever wondered when a movie/show was going to be added or removed? Well check that out RIGHT HERE

4) Saw the trailer for Southpaw ...it looks really good, really sad but good!

5 ) Rented The Duff this week...so funny...I really love Mae Whitman anyway...big Parenthood fan!

Well there you have it, my 5 for the week...now it's your turn, post 5 randoms, link up and visit others! Have a great weekend!



24 comments:

  1. Well done photo by night! And what a great irea for a theatre.. never seen before, don't know, have we here in Germany such things, maybye in big cities, where I never was ... (?)
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movies/TV are the theme today, right? Thanks for the tips. Love that cinema. We like going to the picture a lot but nothing elegant like that here :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movies/TV are the theme today, right? Thanks for the tips. Love that cinema. We like going to the picture a lot but nothing elegant like that here :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like they ought to change the name of the place to The Rude Waiter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen any of those shows you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice theater, and I have yet to see the new Avengers movie.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. Movie Theaters here have been looking for ways to tempt patrons back inside - fancy lounges, couches - different food, servers . . too many people are choosing other options . . . change - it happens . .

    When i was a kid, the MGM Hotel put in a fabulous lounge theater . . . (or, it could be theatre - hmmm) - it was fabulous, super plush - you sat on sofas, in semi-private spaces, with a curvy table to set your - whatever you were having - supper, or treats - a lovely server came and took your order - a child could have a "shirley temple" or "roy rodgers" drink - if they asked . . . and, of course, you could watch MGM films on the big screen . . . way cool - way ahead of its time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm - it's about all us Brits can do to cope with popcorn at the cinema. If they introduced something civilised like beer or wine, there'd be a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been to one theater that served food and drinks and you sat at small tables to watch the movie. not my cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Up here some of the bigger theatres are doing the VIP treatment- adult beverages, reclining seats, that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your account of the hipster waiter was so funny....wish I could have been there to join in the mirth! :-) Checked out Bloodline per your recommendation and it looks like something we might enjoy. I LOVE Sissy Spacek! The book In the Bedroom by Dubus and the movie which stars her are both favorites of mine. We are always looking for a good series to stream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to go to the theater. We have visited Newport News, but I didn't know about this theater at the time! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not much into boxing as I never could understand why anyone would want someone to beat the crap out of them. - The Duff movie surprisingly sounded fun to me. I might rent it for Coleen as I know she would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bloodline is in my Netflix queue. Maybe I should give that a view. Thanks for the link telling about what's on and off of Netflix. It's always been a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are several movie theaters like that near me in Naples. Personally, I would be just as happy in the normal theaters, but sometimes the movies I want to see are in those cushy theaters. They are OK, though unnecessary for people like me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man. Guess I'll have to watch reruns over and over. ;) Haven't seen the most recent Avengers movie--but I'm sure I'll get the opportunity to watch it with the grandkids when it's released. I've not been to the Paragon, but I do like the stadium seating found in most of the theaters here. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I rarely watch movies any more. I'd probably fall asleep too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can always order beer or wine in movie theaters in Germany. We usually bring our own, though that's not technically "allowed". ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. fancy schmancy ain't me! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  21. How about JP? Is that on their hit list? Son saw it w/ GF. Review? Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely night photo, Tanya - well done!
    Have a Wonderful Day!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tanya. I'm so glad I found your random link up just now via my friend Ida at Wishes, dreams and other things. I've been missing Nancy's old random Fridays. I'll try to remember to come link up. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)