Followers

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Signs, Signs & A Good Fence @ The Barking Dog

click on photos to enlarge
The Barking Dog . 4330 Kecoughtan Road . Hampton

We stopped here for lunch...hot dogs and beer, well sweet teas for the boys. Great lunch and fab atmosphere. Really fun place. Crowded so that should tell you something. Patio type seating so it just feels like you are hanging out with a bunch of friends. We met a couple from San Diego who had just relocated to Newport News. We talked about missing our great Mexican food. San Diegans all have that in common!

After lunch walked around a bit outside:
This made us think of Bubba Gump ;) Oddly this is my 2nd Forrest Gump reference today lol

Right next door is a boat storage facility so we watched them move some boats around:

Had to get a picture of all the signs:

This one was my favorite ha!

So next time we are in Hampton we will def be eating again at the Barking Dog....you can check out their FB page HERE

Check out Sunset Boating Center HERE

And I'm linking with Signs, Signs & Good Fences

Have a great day!


23 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun place to eat! hope that couple transplanted likes their new area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great place to eat, I like the name too. Great fence shots, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of place with lots to view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun place to have a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fine place for lunch. The hot dogs have to be great to draw a crowd. Enjoyed your boat yard signs and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific shots! Yes, the boys are too young for a beer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating post...loved the photos. Your mention of Newport News reminded me that I went on board the USS Newport News during Navy Days in Portsmouth (ours, not yours), many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Barking Dog, the boats, and all those No signs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love dogs, barking or walking. Fun water pics too -- especially that "shrimp business" boat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. barking dog ... what a cool name. thanks for the bra suggestion. i am going to try a bando ... hoping it will be a great fix for the problem/issue ... bra strip ... ha. ha!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool place but now I want a hot dog. And I want doggie poop sign!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the name! I'm craving a good hot dog now too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Barking Dog is a funny name for a restaurant. Lots of signs on that fence, the (Poop and Scoop) was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great name for a restaurant! I love the tug boat (at least it looks like a tug boat)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a cute place. Love seeing the boats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys enjoy some pretty cool places.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fun place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the name of the restaurant. I made Forrest Gump references ALL the time...especially when someone mentions shrimp; I go into all the ways we can cook shrimp...never gets old for me; not sure about my people.
    Thank you for your very sweet comment this week; I wanted to reply to you via email, but your email isn't set up with your commenting. Anyhow....I had a sweet giggle over your MIL story. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)