Followers

Friday, June 19, 2015

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 48 - More From The Beach

click on photos to enlarge
Walking back to our car from Grandview Nature Preserve, Hampton

And now my Willy Nilly's which will be about the Grandview Nature Preserve.

1)
So obviously this marker is not located where the ruins are. I had forgotten about the old lighthouse being at the preserve. Some of you might remember that the preserve is one of our favorite spots when we go to Hampton. So I just researched the old lighthouse and found THIS ...in all our visits to the preserve, we walk the beach but I guess not far enough down. Next time I'm on a mission to find it, and like one of the reviewers mentioned, right after a storm!

2)
A random bouquet of flowers I found at the preserve. We were there over Memorial weekend so the red/white/blue bow makes sense.

3)
This is our favorite spot for our crab dinner when we get to Hampton. You can check out last year's dinner HERE

4)
I think this beach is so picturesque. You find these weathered stumps everywhere along the beach. Someone told me it's bits of old piers from back when the lighthouse was still standing. Some look like Cypress knees so I'm not really sure. There is no swimming at this beach because of all these jagged stumps but I have seen people swim there...which I totally wouldn't recommend.

5)
Some of the pretty grasses that grow here, but keep out!

That's it for me this week! Now it is your turn...Post 5 randoms, anything you want, link up and visit others! Have fun and have a super weekend!



20 comments:

  1. #1 You always need to go that extra mile.
    #2 I've never seen flowers at the beach before.
    #3 Looks like you got a good table.
    #4 I'm stumped!
    #5 But keep out?
    Tom The Backroads Traveller
    #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great trip to a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally looks/sounds like a good time to me. I really like those stumps...whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've given me a new view this morning . . i like how the service of the light house, along with the good times, great views, ans artists continue to be honored . . that's something i don't get to hear much of lately - I mean honoring the good . . . . thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all the years I lived nearby, I never went to this beach, and I had never heard of the lighthouse, which has a very romantic and interesting history! What a shame there is only ruins now. I hope you are able to find them whenever you return. Great post! Some wonderful photo, Tanya. Really whetted my appetite to be back there, exploring.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like the beach with pieces of old docks, a wonderful place, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice walk, even witout the lighthouse...
    I haven't managed today to write a post, will back next friday.
    To yor question from last week: the name August Dembroski sounds for me more like Polish (or, maybe, Ukrainian) than typically Russian, it would be interesting, exactly where your ancestors came from.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the first shot and those old driftwoody stumps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The layout of those stumps does suggest a pier foundation. Very pretty area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember seeing these on one of my visits many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pier relics are so neat. They make the beach shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I would love to see some photos of Joshua Tree or 29 Palms from the 80's!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first shot is gorgeous! Love the old stumps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That weathered stump looks like an arresting sculpture, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely beach trip. I so enjoy going to the beach though I seldom get to. I enjoyed seeing your photos here today.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)