Followers

Friday, January 19, 2018

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 159

click on photos to enlarge
The first 2 photos Nick took and sent to me:
1)
Downtown Roanoke taken from Nick's office building Wednesday morning...after our "big" snow ;) Some of you might recognize the Hotel Roanoke because I've shown you around quite a few times...if you don't remember, what's wrong with you?!! Just kidding!

2)
St. Andrews Catholic Church...I love this church and if you don't recognize it, I won't get on you for it...it's my fault...I think I've only shown it to you once or twice and why? I don't know...This is probably my favorite church of all time, architecturally speaking...

3) Do you like Lasagna? I love Lasagna but I'm about the only one in my house that does...Nick likes it on occasion and the kids don't like it at all and sadly (in my case) when you make it, you end up with enough for the whole block...so last week I happened to find a recipe for Lasagna For 2 and I made it and Nick and I both thought it was super good! So, HERE IT IS if you want to give it a whirl!

4) Another recipe I made last week was Beef Tips and Rice...I've made THIS crock pot version quite a few times and everyone loves it!

5) Today (Friday) is another snow day for us! I know, those of you living up north have to be laughing...we had about 1-2 inches of snow of Tuesday and still milking it ;) ....but it has been freezing and our county is big and much of it rural so a lot of those back roads are sheets of ice still...this week we have only had 1 day of school! We warm up over the weekend though so that will be a nice break!

That's my 5 this week friends! I hope you will play along too! Post 5 randoms, link back and visit others! Have a great weekend :)



20 comments:

  1. Your photo of downtown Roanoke from above is gorgeous! In fact, is is much prettier than Roanoke from the ground. We love this church, and have been in it! I even took pictures once inside. Your photo of it in the mist is fittingly divine!! The lasagna looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty snow scenes. Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...your snow shots look a lot snowier today. Enjoy the white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow makes all so pretty, a wonderful church and, of course, remember the Roanoke Hotel.
    I've always liked lasagna, but just, glutenfree, it is to expensive (gluten free food in Germany is ten times more expensive), well, I must eat other meals.
    Have a nice - and warmer - weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your photographs in the snow. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What hotel? What church? Heh, heh. Just ribbing you a bit. Interesting photos and probably somewhat unique in that I don't think you get a lot of snow, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Nick has a gorgeous view from his office Tanya! It looks spectacular here in the snow and fog but I bet a like a view like that would be fantastic in every season! Enjoy your warmer weekend ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful snow shots, Tanya !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful views in the snow! Yes, I love lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My link in may or may not work...I just keep trying! Beautiful photos of your snowy world right now! Hope it does warm up this weekend! Eating almost no starch this year...trying to drop at least 60 pounds! I know I will cheat now and then...I did have pizza that day we took our grandson out, but otherwise I'm doing pretty darn good! Have a great week! (Your boys will be in school half of summer making up snow days! They aren't going to be happy about that! :-) ))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy do I love the look of that snow. It's wonderful. PS. You have made some changes to your blog. I have been absent too long :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,that is a beautiful view from Nick's window. The church is absolutely beautiful. As for lasagna, I love it. We had it for the holidays and have it every year. I have it on my birthday, it's my favorite meal of all-time.
    Have a great weekend Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this new look to your blog! And, the pictures are just very special. It's seldom we get a church surrounded by fog, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing views towards the hotel and the church in the fog! Really neat!
    I love lasagna - seems in our house the girls love it but the boys refuse it!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the shot of the church through the fog. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The snow looks so great on the old architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I know Hotel Roanoke and that big circular drive is one of the things I remember of it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty new outfit for your blog, but I can no more see the linky list.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)