Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rural Thursday - Blog Hop #7


Every springtime the boy's elementary school holds a "Spring Expo". There are several different types of classes the kids can take after school like Walking, Running, Yoga, Cooking, Photography and Bird House Art, and several others. This year Braden and Dalton picked Photography and Bird House Art. The Photography class is taught by a woman from the O. Winston Link Museum and the Bird House Art class is taught by a local artist. I volunteered to help with the dismissal of the children when the classes are over. In the photo above, Braden and Dalton and a couple of their friends are running around trying to find cool stuff to photograph. Trying to get a picture of them was nearly impossible as none of the children stood still for long, running to the next subject to get a pic of. The museum furnishes very nice Canon cameras for all the kids to use....maybe the boys can teach me a few things when their course is over! (mine are the 2 little red heads in the back)

It's Thursday so of course I'm linking up with Rural Thursday Blog Hop! Hop on over!

21 comments:

  1. The photography choice is a good one as it will make them look at life around them in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze, girl...your post went up REALLY early this morning. YOu are too good! The boys are so cute. I have just gotta get over there and see them before they are bigger than we are. The troops are really restless and I have been full for days now. I am really tired. Cannot wait for tomorrow at 3PM. Take care...genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad schools still do that! I remember when my elementary school did one I took a photography class and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are following in your footsteps with the photography!

    Bird houses are a lot of fun too. There are so many ways you can decorate a bird house and these often make good Christmas gifts for kids to give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely knew your kids would have a camera in their hands! How fun is that - kids running around being excited by photography! Where was that class when I was in school?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure this is lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Building and cameras are always fun!!! When my boys were that age they made a bird house and it was so much fun. It's at least 10 yrs old and needs some repair but we always have a family of birdies living there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. An awesome project for the kids. How cool to introduce both hobbies to them at a younger age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great that your kids are experimenting with photography! You must feel sooo proud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanya
    "Spring Expo" sounds like a great opportunity for the kids. What is better than getting outside and taking in a beautiful afternoon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The extra classes seems like a fine idea to me. You did very well to catch these fleeting fellows in a shot as they ran around. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea for the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun after school activity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photograph of the photographers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's an awesome way to intro kids to new interests!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful program, I have always found children love cameras, including my 2 year grandson who I had help me with a P&S at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a wonderful after school program. I'm betting your boys have inherited some of their mother's photographic skills

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have 2 cute little guys. It's always fun to help with school programs and projects. Mickei :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)