Followers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Canoe



Last month we took a canoe ride down the James River. We used Twin River Outfitters out of Buchanan. They dropped us off 5 miles up the river and we returned at the shop. We took the easiest trip, not sure how the kids would do but they did great. Nick, Ashlyn and Braden were in one canoe and Christian, Dalton and myself were in the other. About halfway through, a huge storm blew in, lots of rain and lightning. We were able to find a spot along the river to get out of the water and get a little protection from the elements. It was a little scary but memorable!

10 comments:

  1. I enjoy a canoe adventure every now and then. I too though will pass on the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! we actually have a canoe that my aunt and uncle gave us, but we haven't used it yet since the boys are too small. Soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found shelter. For sure you and the kids will remember that outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun except for the lightning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is one of these places around here that you can rent a canoe or one of those kayaks. I've often thought about giving one a try, but just never seem to get there. I'm pretty sure that I'd do the same thing you did, during a storm. Remember - one eye on the weather - one eye on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that sounds like a great time! Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colorful blog! I like it very much.Canoe adventure sounds like great fun

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)