Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Country Roads



take me home, to the place, I belong ...lalalalala

The other day I had to take Christian to his bud's house for a sleep-over. His friend used to live in our neighborhood but moved across town about a year ago but Christian and him have remained good friends since. I can get to his house by either taking the boring old interstate or taking the back road like this one, which I did. Given the chance to choose, I pick the back country roads every time!

This is just a normal scene in Catawba Valley, taking the back road.

Stuff to do this weekend:

Camp Barefoot 5 Music and Art Festival
Info: campbarefoot.org, karldenson.us, kylehollingsworth.com, thenewdeal.com

Pulaski Grand Slam Bluegrass Festival
Info: pulaskitown.org/Pulaski_Grand_Slam_Bluegrass_Festival.aspx, bobbyosborne.com, adamlarkeyband.com

The 7th Annual Meadows of Dan Folk Fair
Info: meadowsofdanva.com, heavenonwheels.net

Heritage Days in Christiansburg

Click here for more stuff to do!

14 comments:

  1. It's a great day in the country...I'm with you - if I can justify it, I'll always go a back road...and this is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a very pleasant road and place to live. Nice shot of the home with all the trees around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the opposite. I think because I grew up in Northern Virginia. But I pick the interstate over backroads every time!

    Great listing of events this weekend.

    Oh, and yes, my husband really does like the doughnut burgers. I'm too scared to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It`s look like very lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! My highway of choice is all the 'blue highways,' I stay off the Interstate as much as possible... we're twins! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer country road driving too. Where else can you drive down the middle of the road and not get a ticket? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back roads are the best! Great country shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just had a lovely browse around your blog... many thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you I would rather take a back road. And I want to attend Camp Barefoot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how green it is there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite grapes are "Catawba" grapes here and I have always wondered where they come from! I didnt know it was a place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer the back roads too. It's much better for your mental health. :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely contrast to the greenery.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)