Followers

Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Mural - Blacksburg

(click photo to enlarge)

WooHoo! I get to participate in Monday Mural today! I don't see many murals around here but on Saturday we drove to Blacksburg for the day and I saw a couple of great murals...and I'm even more excited because when I was getting this post ready, I found this YouTube video of the artist talking about this very mural! How cool is that?!!



To see more murals from all over the world, visit Monday Mural!

Oh, and for those of you who were wondering how my mall trip went on Black Friday, it really wasn't too bad. I about had a stroke when I drove up and saw the parking lot, and this was at about noon...but I was able to find a spot up close in my regular place I park so I was already happy...then I just had to take Braden and Dalton into Hibbett's for their basketball shoes. Christian left us to do a little of his own shopping. The boys and I were done within a half hour. I texted Christian to tell him we were done and he met us at the car. So all in all, we were in and out of there within an hour. But Christian had gone into American Eagle and said that place was crazy packed...luckily we didn't have anymore shopping to do. I dislike Black Friday!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the trip report to the mall. I kinda thought it might be like that. Anyway, you're a survivor. And you got a cool photo of a mural to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping? What is this thing you speak of called shopping? LOL
    I was no where near a store on Friday. I will wait awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a fascinating and beautiful mural the artist surely is talented.
    Black Friday it is not as much a deal here in Canada and I am fine with that after seeing your news:) I am so glad you made out alright. HUG B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely find and great to see a mural from your neck of the woods Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always wanted to go out on Black Friday ... but just usually do other stuff. never stepped out into the wild mall or other stores. ha. ha!! ( ;

    neat mural!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. neat mural. kerri farley is a blogger i follow from blacksburg, va area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice you had the artist as well, always nice to have some background information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cool mural. I love to see artists' talents displayed like that. Glad your trip to the mall went OK--you were a brave soul! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mural! Very vibrant! I think a new mural was painted here recently, but I haven't been to check yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were brave to go to the mall at all! Glad you made it out alive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the video and the artist's energy. To add beauty and education is a mighty fine thing. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a pretty mural! I don't do Black Friday, I'm not that brave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to see an artist at work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved watching the artist at work Tanya, they make it look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)