Followers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Ruby Tuesday - Freight Depot

(click on photo to enlarge)

This is the old 1895 freight depot at the C&O Heritage Center. On the inside you will find all sorts of neat old things like:
(click on photo to enlarge) this operating model raiload that presents the key locations along the line, with descriptions of the reasons towns were built where they were and how they grew with the railroad. See that neat, huge grey building? That was the old Railroad YMCA. Sadly it was demolished. What a waste. You can read an interesting tidbit about the railroad and the YMCA HERE and I found these neat old pictures of vintage Clifton Forge postcards HERE

There's also cool old signs:
(click on photo to enlarge)

Pretty ladies:
(click on photo to enlarge)

And some knuckleheads ;)

Linking with Ruby Tuesday Too


21 comments:

  1. Love that bright wall. Nice to see the grounds. It looks a big place. Mr LOL would especially love it there :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange to see a nurse there! Love the first shot, lovely light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The freight depot looks quite large and so much history preserved there. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool place. I'd love to take the (Roanoke) grandkids there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic place, I'd love to visit it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha - love the knuckleheads! I love old train depots - I was taking photos at one over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knuckleheads are the best:) Oh I love this whole train thing you have going on:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  8. i enjoy the little town. they are always super cool!! your kiddie-poohs are too funny!! love those cut-outs. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute boys. :) really like the first shot. the old signs are cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great perspective in the top shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old train depots are great places to explore. Love your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, too funny! I love love love those old signs. Really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific shots! I'd enjoy it in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neat place! Love your first shot - the light and shadows are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice lines! And I like the red painted brick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorites are those last two...Very cool station, I love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that first shot! You took it from a great angle. That looks like a place my husband would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice rich red color in that wall. How come I never remember Ruby Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great visit you've had. Love the knuckleheads!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)