Followers

Friday, January 2, 2015

Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 26 - Century Park Square

click on photo to enlarge
Downtown Roanoke

I've shown you what this place looks like during the summer HERE ...quite a difference ey?

Randoms:

1) Phew, the holidays are done and put away. I've shopped, I've cleaned, I've cooked...for 2 weeks straight...I'm done! But do you get a little depressed when it is all over? I do. I don't know why. Not anything major, just a little sad that it's over.

2) New Years Eve was low-key. It was the first time we weren't all together. Christian wanted to go to a party to spend NYE with his girlfriend and not us...can you believe that?! Normally we do tons of appetizers/finger foods and just graze all night. This year Nick picked up some steaks and grilled and Ash and her boyfriend Chris came over. We ate and watched New Years Rockin Eve and Nick was asleep before midnight for the first time that I can remember.

3) We've had some pretty weather here and there. Since we didn't get snow I was happy we had some warm sunny days.

4) For Christmas I got myself THIS new work-out. I semi started Monday but knew I wouldn't be able to work-out on New Year's Day so I officially will start my 90 days on Monday. Phew, the leg workout did some damage. I did that work-out on Tuesday and had trouble getting up and down the stairs for a couple of days, my legs were soooo sore...but in a good way!

5) The boys have a basketball scrimmage on Saturday...we've had nothing for 2 weeks, back in the game! Looking forward to that!

Now it's your turn...post 5 randoms, link up and visit other blogs that participated! Have fun and have a great weekend!



21 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, we spend weeks preparing and then it seems like it's over in a flash. We had a very low key NYE. Just the two of us, we toasted the new year in with a glass of port, that's about as crazy as we got, and then we went to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is more kindly, but the mood of the time is in this photo well captured.
    This IS the time now... after the holidays .
    Our Christmas decorations we remove after January only, the day of the Three Kings is the end of Christmas time.
    Good luck with the workout, the beginning is always hard and painful, I know that...
    Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about fresh starts to the new year, which is why I retire early on New Year's Eve. Go Nick! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love, beautiful photo! I wish you a happy 2015 full of light dawns that fill you with vitality and beautiful sunsets that cover your tender heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now it's up to all of us to make 2015 special. Happy New Year. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. big difference season to season! i'm glad it's january. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just never know what the weather will bring do we! Happy new start to our brand new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT looks like a super serious workout . . Gadzooks!
    Thank you for Willy-Nilly - Thank you for sharing such terrific things with all of us -
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes HUGE difference from summer to winter! Well, I sure hope that workout works out great for you! I wish you luck with it. Glad your Christmas was great. And new years in its own way. I couldn't resist posting family pictures...I know I will bore everyone to death with it. :-) I am ready for this new year....yesterday was a quiet first day of 2015 but in a good way. Today is my birthday, but we won't celebrate till on my hubby's birthday on the 31st...something we started doing a couple of years ago after my whole life of watching people struggle to help me celebrate so close after Christmas. :-) I can enjoy the day more too with a little distance between such a big holiday and my "big" day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, that is a hard core workout! Start slow and easy and work up to it. I hoped to make it to Roanoke last month to go to hotel Roanoke but didn't make it. I would love to go this spring and see some sights, especially those painted mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stark contrast from summer to now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always good to get things back to "normal" after the holidays. I still have to take down the inside decorations but the outside one's came down yesterday. I do know how you feel though about when it's all over. It's the (holiday let-down) and you do feel a little sad. - We made it up till well past mid-night, even my 85 year old mom (soon to be 86). Watched movies and ate junk food. I need to exercise more this year but I think I'll stick to walking as I'm just not fit enough to do super strenuous exercise. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tanya, had to laugh at your comment about the son and girlfriend leaving for a party. Times change, right? Good luck with your exercise program. I just really need to get out and walk, walk, walk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice shot. I am so happy the holidays are behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. BTW, you'll be able to post your year end choice- Peter's reopening the portal for a day. It usually is left open longer than the usual theme day portal at New years.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooops ... no Jan 1st Theme Day post yet .... preess publish ... you can fiddle with the date to have it display in order ... go on...then link to the portal ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also feel a bit let down after the holidays. Today we met my sister for lunch so now I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How are you going with that workout Tanya, sounds horrendously hard :) I think I might stick to walking :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)