Followers

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mountain Lake Lodge-A Series-Part 3- More Friendly Staff

So now it's Saturday. We slept wonderfully in our super comfy beds. Our daughter Ashlyn and her boyfriend Chris were able to drive over and spend some time with all of us. What a treat!

So we took them back to the lodge to see the beautiful arhchitecture and came across Marcus:
(click on photo to enlarge)
I didn't get a chance to talk to Marcus much since I was visiting with my daughter but I think my husband talked his ear off....sorry Marcus ;)

We had dinner reservations for 7:30 and had Ashlyn and Chris join us. The boys stayed back in the cabin with pizzas. Yeah, that's how they roll....

(click on photo to enlarge)
This is Joel. Joel specializes in "pre-prohibition-era cocktails"...how cool is that?! He made us a Sazerac, which is known as "America's First Cocktail"! It was pretty yummy....in fact, we ordered another round of Sazeracs! You can read the history of the Sazerac RGHT HERE!

Ok, now it's time to grab a bite to eat so we head into the dining room:
(click on photo to enlarge)
Food, glorious food! I ended up getting the Rockfish. I had never tried Rockfish before and I think it's a Virginia thing...I was feeling adventurous after my Sazerac(s) and I'm glad I picked it! Oh YUM! Nick ordered the Rib Eye because he's more of a beef kind-a-guy. We decided to go halvsies on our plates, him and I, so we could get the best of both worlds. Ashlyn ordered the Pasta dish, which was a Risotto with Crab, Lobster, Shrimp and Scallops (I think, don't quote me!) and Chris ordered the Shrimp and Grits. We were all beyond pleased with our meals! Not one complaint!

(click on photo to enlarge)

Group photo! Our waitress was Ree, which was short for Rhiannon (I hope I didn't butcher her name) but she said we could call her Ree! Then there's Cindy! Cindy is the one hugging on Nick's neck! Cindy just made you feel at home and was hilarious, and fun, and nice, and wonderful!

Another photo of Cindy:
(click on photo to enlarge)

This photo, though you can't tell by looking at it, had us all laughing so hard we were crying. Nick was telling Cindy about the Triathlons he's competed in and showed her his Triathlon card. The card, in big letters tells us that Nick is an "adult" and I can't explain the whole scene like it played out but take my word, we were all laughing hysterically over it!

Sorry for the blurry pictures by the end of the night...after a Sazerac or two it looked good to me! To check out a menu CLICK HERE!

Oh and Cindy, if you are reading this, remember you are supposed to be my Candy Crush Friend!




15 comments:

  1. What a good time! I remember seeing Ree and Cindy (I didn't know their names) on Thanksgiving. The whole staff was so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a fun visit and your 'after a Sazerac or two' cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fun place. But, I bet when it closed in the winter, it had the chance to become the east coast RED RUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i know! i heard some interesting stories about a maintenance worker who for years would spend the off season there, alone!

      Delete
  4. Interesting cocktail, looks and sounds like you had a fab night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they sound like a great group of people, there, who truly enjoy their guests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a place I must seek out for myself and stay in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds awesome! And the food sounds so delicious. The dining room is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a most excellent time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab fab fab - you all ordered exactly what I would've wanted to eat! Oh yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun place! (Did you say shrimp and grits? That is my all time favorite!) I do love a place where the staff treats you like family; awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a wonderful place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a sazerac once and the next day I had the worst headache of my life! I don't think my body handled the absinthe well. :)

    PS: I've never known someone here with the name von Wille. Perhaps it was "Americanized" when your GF came to the US?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG.....I just was shown Candy Crush by my daughter in law this past weekend and I'm addicted! I hate when I have to wait 26 minutes until my next life!!!! Yet, I'm too cheap to pay 99 cents for another one. lol Love that Dirty Dancing was filmed here. And love the lady who shares my name. She is a good ambassador for my name!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)