Followers

Monday, December 9, 2013

Mountain Lake Lodge-A Series-Part 1-Accommodations

Remember on Friday I was telling you how we had fabulous plans for the weekend? Well this is what we did...We spent the weekend at Mountain Lake Lodge! Some of you might remember my first time there, just a couple of months ago for the Appalachian Festival. You can find my pictures of that day Right Here. Anyways, I had to come back and stay, it's just so beautiful there!

Today I will take you on a tour of our home away from home:



(click on any photo to enlarge)

You can see how big and spacious the rooms are. We stayed in Blueberry Ridge. These cabins are fully loaded with everything you need to feel at home! You can read about all the different types of lodging Right Here.


The name of our cabin was the Fincastle. We thought that was pretty cool since we live in Botetourt County and Fincastle is our neighboring town!

Mountain Lake Lodge is under new management and is now open through the winter for the first time in like 70 years! They have lots of fun stuff planned for Christmas and New Years so check it out! I will introduce you to the friendly staff tomorrow.

I apologize for any typos in this post. It's icy in my world today. School was even cancelled. I wanted to share with you a lot more in today's post but the ice has affected my internet connection and every little thing is taking forever, even little things like fixing typos! So join me tomorrow for more Lodge talk!

20 comments:

  1. Ah, so glad you got to go back! I would love to go back and stay again. Your cabin looks a lot like the one we stayed in 10 years ago. I can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will never complain about typos - i have a issue with making mistakes all the time. i know what i mean but it does not come out in the typing hands some times. but we all can not be perfect. it all good!! ( :

    looks warm. did you have a fire? i am trying to remember our room. it was over 8 or 7 yrs ago that we were there. i recall the outdoors more. the gigantic chess board. the water views. we took long walks around their yards. trying to get the whole Dirty Dancing feel. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, we had a fire going almost the whole time! it was really cold outside (you know how this weekend was!) so we didn't spend a lot of time outdoors, mainly in the lodge and our room, which was stocked with board games! really fun family time!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing ...love Mountain Lake

      Delete
  3. Very spacious, and cosy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goody, we're going on a holiday with you! Looks fantastic, Tanya. I have just been watching NBC news and those ice storms look rough. You take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are staying dry and warm! I saw the weather was affecting the entire region, even some of my work colleagues in the area had unexpected leave so that's serious. Love the getaway:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wide open spaces! Especially the living and eating areas being connected and so open. Looks like the perfect place to hang out with a big group of people. We got lots of snow over the weekend too so hubby has the day off school again today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is PERFECT for a group of people! our place had 3 bedrooms, each with their own full bath and 2 queen size beds in each room and a king in the master, plus all the bedroom doors are individually keyed so you can have privacy as well then share the common space!

      Delete
  7. looks a marvellous place to spend time, I've never stayed in any cabin that large or that well decorated, wouldn't say no though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That place is toooo cool. I love it. Glad you got away and enjoyed yourself. And, girl, stay warm. I do believe that winter is finally upon us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I could use that saw on the wall that is an old style good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a beautiful place! And lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your ice situation gets better. We had a bit of it this past weekend. LOVE the lodge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice lodge, Tanya. I remember your earlier enthusiastic posts about this place. Glad you had a chance to stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an ideal place to stay at, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, there's not roughing it in that cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like such a comfortable home away from home!!! Icy?? I'll not share with you all our warmth and sunshine. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)