Followers

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mountain Lake Lodge-A Series-Part 8-Lodge Trail Scenery 2

Further down the pathway I came across the old Historic Cabins. It's almost like a little ghost town. It didn't appear that any were rented out so it was really neat having this whole little "village" all to myself for a few minutes. Then I saw Nick heading back up towards me from the Lodge so we went back to our cabin.

(click on any photo to enlarge)

I loved how the little lights were glowing, kind of reminded me of a Thomas Kinkade painting...


I read this about the Valley View cabin on the Lodge's website: Built in 1918 for the Moody Family who purchased Mountain Lake in 1930, this rustic three-bedroom cottage features a wood burning fireplace, spacious living room and wraparound porch offering views of the valley.




That was the surprise I was telling you about yesterday! If you know me, you know I have an affinity of old things so these made me happy, happy, happy!

If you want to read more about the historic cabins CLICK HERE

Linking with Signs, Signs

19 comments:

  1. Oh Tanya this is beautiful I would so live there:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are wonderful shots, I grew up in a place where there were a large number of European immigrants, these homes/cabins are what my grandparents and their neighbours lived in..none preserved like these beauties here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed some of your recent posts so I scrolled backwards to catch up and I'm so glad that I did. Your mountain lodge experience looks like it was a ton of family fun in a wonderful historic place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really loving this magical tour Tanya- a great ghostly dusky wintry light to them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The charm-o-meter is pegged to the max. Nice shots !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos that give a sense of the mysterious aura around some of those buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another set of gloriously atmospheric photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great moody photos. I especially liked the second to last image. Wow, can see the air. This set of cabins look like a set for a mystery movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These dusk shots really capture a beautiful mood to the location. Lovely shots, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Tanya, these could be book covers or movie posters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is neat how the lights are glowing! Really pretty. Like something out of a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these shots are fab-u-lous. No, they are outstanding :). Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. I have enjoyed exchanging comments with you - it has been fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here come the spooky shots that I had seen on FB! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely spot -- happy holidays my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope no one jumped out from behind a cabin and shouted "Boo!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Living in a city, I miss views like this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are some sweet looking cabins.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)