Followers

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mountain Lake Lodge-A Series-Part 2-Friendly Staff

After we checked in and got settled in our room, we headed to the lodge to walk around. And the very first person we met was:
(click on photo to enlarge)
Chef Michael! Chef was SO nice and fun to talk to. We all enjoyed his company! Thank you Chef!
You can read his interesting bio RIGHT HERE!

He then took us on a tour of the kitchen:
(click on photo to enlarge)
Another Michael. My husband loved the Cajun Peanuts he made!

(click on photo to enlarge)
Miss Kate the Pastry Chef...I didn't get a chance to try any pastries...next time!

This is Fidel with my husband Nick. Fidel has been working with Chef for 15+ years!
(click on photo to enlarge)
My husband ESPECIALLY loved the tour of the kitchen. He's a total foodie! Some of you know he plans our trips according to food ;)

(click on photo to enlarge)
Oh wait a minute, look at that! Some yummy appetizers heading out!

(click on photo to enlarge)
Our super nice bartender for the evening, Elizabeth!
It was raining buckets when we decided to head back to our room and Elizabeth went to the desk and brought us all umbrellas to use. Didn't I tell you they think of EVERYTHING?!

Don't go away, more Lodge talk tomorrow!
CLICK HERE to read about the FREE Open House this weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Elizabeth are always nice. so glad your visit was such fun. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice time. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic weekend Tanya. Mountain Lake Lodge looks incredible.. My son and his wife plan their travels around food also, they planned their whole New York trip on recommendations from Anthony Bourdain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So brilliant! (I would have made a point to "sample" some pastries . . . which explains my adorable, chubby knees . . giggle) This place looks lovely - thank you for allowing us to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tour, looks like a fantastic place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. neat that you got to get a behind-the-scenes look at the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm envious! It's a beautiful use of space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd stay anywhere they'd let me in the kitchen-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw your posts on FB! The outside shots, if beautiful, were kind of creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these shots, Tanya. You are so good to get some many photos of the people there. Bet you made their day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So neat to get a tour of the kitchen! Looks like such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great place for family time Tanya. I'd love the tour of the kitchen too. Thanks for stopping by. Your comment made me smile. I was afraid of falling in also, didn't go too close to the edge like some brave souls :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. p.s. sorry about the backlinks I keep leaving but I wrote a post about it a few posts back explaining about them. I'm not doing this myself, they just keep appearing on certain blogs. The comments I had were very interesting and Terri suggested going into the settings, comments and hide or show backlinks. Unfortunately this didn't work for a blogging friend who had the new blog format :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been in a while. I'd love to go back. Many happy memories there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How neat to get a tour of the kitchen! The food there is delicious. You can tell they take a lot of care with it. Thanks for sharing your adventure! Now I want to go back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be found having a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I so relate to planning travels around food! Hope you get to try the pastry chef's creations at some point - I love all the portraits!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can tell your husband enjoyed the kitchen tour! He looks like a kid on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm, maybe you could introduce me to Elizabeth?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)